• Fall back time permanently

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Keep it how it is

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keep it as it is right now all year every year. I’m tired.

Gonna be lots of parents opening presents in the dark!

Seems to me like this will be a glorious development for folks who don't like getting up super early to hunt and folks who try to sneak in a quick hunt after work/school. Everyone who hunts before work is screwed.

Gonna be a fair number of techs that work for me that were able to put in their 8 hours and be home in time to get the kids off the bus or pick them up from school that won’t have that option anymore. Who cares about those early risers though…

Most of June, sunrise in Bozeman would be 4:30am on MST.

Year-round Standard Time is an unrespectable position, IMO. I have no room to even consider that as a viable option.

I know I'm being completely intransigent, but on this subject, I don't care.

It’s likely safe to assume that Hunttalk members are more prone to being morning people than the general public considering how much good hunting and fishing occurs soon after sunrise. And even despite this, the informal poll overwhelmingly supports permanent DST. So I’m glad that in the spirit of democracy, our elected officials are proposing a time change solution that the majority of Americans prefer.

Prior to retirement I was at work each day at 5am, now I’m just awake and drinking coffee at 5am (finger punching this damn thing). Love the breaking of a new day right when the sky first brightens but the sun has yet to break the horizon, NOT a night guy at all, never have been. Was off at 2pm, had all the daylight I needed.

I was thinking as I was reading comments it also seems like it’s more of a preference based geography than on job/ preferred activity.

If I had to generalize those maps, across all geographies we would mostly be investing in daylight in our evenings and convenience in our schedules.

I start work no later than 5:00 am, and so I have risen in the dark for years now and have no problem with it. At the latitude at which I live, on March 1st, we have about 11 hours and 5 minutes of daylight. On March 31st we have almost 12 hours and 51 minutes.

Maybe meaningless info, but I am all in on ending the whiplash, and extending the winter evenings.

My wife and I were talking about how most ski hills close at 4 in January/February to give themselves an hour to clear the hill, but they don't open till 11 typically. This would give them the ability to stay open an hour later - give skiers a whole extra hour on the hill. I just think generally, in terms of free time and recreation, evenings are on balance more valuable than mornings.

If I had to generalize those maps, across all geographies we would mostly be investing in daylight in our evenings and convenience in our schedules.

I start work no later than 5:00 am, and so I have risen in the dark for years now and have no problem with it. At the latitude at which I live, on March 1st, we have about 11 hours and 5 minutes of daylight. On March 31st we have almost 12 hours and 51 minutes.

Maybe meaningless info, but I am all in on ending the whiplash, and extending the winter evenings.

My wife and I were talking about how most ski hills close at 4 in January/February to give themselves an hour to clear the hill, but they don't open till 11 typically. This would give them the ability to stay open an hour later - give skiers a whole extra hour on the hill. I just think generally, in terms of free time and recreation, evenings are on balance more valuable than mornings.
I agree with you. I have started work between 5 and 6 a.m. my whole career and have no problem starting my day in the dark, regardless of the time of year. I do however hate getting off and driving home in the dark, so I would prefer to keep it how it is right now.

Funny I always got to and from work, school and carried on a life regardless of what hour I was working in the 24.
Some jobs could only be done in the middle of the night when no one was around. Some were opening & closing shifts which were always half in the dark.

I always adjusted my hours, not the effing clock. Some jobs were monkey button pushing. Some digging a ditch.
Personally I always thought ditch digging more honest of the 2...

Best part of the day is before the sun comes up.
Shhhhhh! don’t tell these slackers. They’ll be getting up early and screwing up us getting stuff done before they wake up.

I get more done from 3am-8am than the rest of the day. Nobody is out and about, nobody calls, nobody wants to stop and chat. I’d say a few more years and I’ll become a full blown recluse.

Best part of the day is before the sun comes up.
And why should that ever be at 2am?
If I want to salmon fish in June (spring chinook) I have to get up at 1-something, to be on the water and setup for the daily opening. That's f-in' assinine.

for the vast majority of people, our "work" or our day-to-day activities generally involve other people or institutions. It does me zero good, to try to get that done at 3 am. Nor is that all all beneficial to a marriage. I assume we can all agree it's good to go to bed the same time as your wife, for obvious reasons. There is zero chance I'm convincing her to change her schedule to go to bed a 7pm, before the kids (!?), so that we can get 8 hrs of sleep, to get up at 3am to "enjoy that wonderful extra daylight in the summer". It's so impractical as to be laughable.

Shhhhhh! don’t tell these slackers. They’ll be getting up early and screwing up us getting stuff done before they wake up.

I get more done from 3am-8am than the rest of the day. Nobody is out and about, nobody calls, nobody wants to stop and chat. I’d say a few more years and I’ll become a full blown recluse.
Like the brown one?
I'm there. LOL
Only time I can get online with any speed nor buffers on Rogan...lol. Then the slackers get on to see what is woke today, and are still late to work.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back