Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

which one

codfish

Which would be the better caliber rifle for coyotes the 223 or the 22-250. The reason I asked is the coyotes around here in Newfoundland are huge they say they were bred with the eastern wolf. I have never seen any but friends that did say they are very big

My buddy in kansas is a coyote hunting fool. He traded his 22-250 for a .204 Ruger a few years ago and swears by it.

go with the 250 more knockdown and flatter shooting. You can't go wrong with either one but that would be my choice. HAPPY HUNTING

I think it depends if you want to save the hide. The 250 can put a bigger hole in a dogs pelt. If your not worried go bigger..

I use a 223, 22-250, and a 243 to hunt coyotes, and all do a great job. I have even used a 22mag to kill yotes, it all depends on if a person knows what there rifle can do. As for the hide damage that depends allot on the type of bullet you are using. I have made bigger holes shooting coyotes, using my 223 with a 55 grain full metal jacket, then my 22-250 using a 55 grain jacketed Hollow point.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back