Caribou Gear Tarp

Which call for a BIG bull?

BAKPAKR

Reading some of the elk threads has got me all hot and bothered about elk hunting. So, I think I might pack up and go elk hunting in a week or two. I would really like to get a bull similar to the one @Greenhorn got but I am going to make it more challenging by hunting an OTC area not known for big bulls. I got skunked there last year as the only bulls I saw were just within cruise missile range. I decided I needed an edge this year so I started digging through my hunting gear for elk calls and found these.

With the goal of a booner bull, which would you take?

IMG_2983.jpeg

What in the name of Jim Zumbo and Larry D Jones is going on here! It's a Time warp....

I'd consult Dwights Book...

51PIB5vBkfL._SL500_.jpg

Reading some of the elk threads has got me all hot and bothered about elk hunting. So, I think I might pack up and go elk hunting in a week or two. I would really like to get a bull similar to the one @Greenhorn got but I am going to make it more challenging by hunting an OTC area not known for big bulls. I got skunked there last year as the only bulls I saw were just within cruise missile range. I decided I needed an edge this year so I started digging through my hunting gear for elk calls and found these.

With the goal of a booner bull, which would you take?

View attachment 295551
I have both. Waiting on the groups wisdom.

I would just carry both but I want to conserve weight as I would like to backpack in at least 12 miles (have to try to outdo @Dsnow9 and @MtnElk), set up base camp, and spike from there.
it gets tough crossing the Interstate when you go that far. I'd recommend timing your hike so you hit that stretch at midnight or later...

Buzz swears by them.
I would listen to what @BuzzH had to say about elk.

@2rocky, a bull like your 2022 elk is on the same wishlist.

Booner in an otc unit, post rut…

Make sure to take your pillow and blanket so you can keep on dreaming during the hunt.

Wow, you are a Debbie Downer, but you did get me to reconsider my strategy. I know I have a Hoochie Momma somewhere.

Hoochie mama! Those things have been out for what 20 years and truly fallen out of favor. A couple generations of elk out there that have maybe never heard one. What’s old is new or something like that
Lol all day long but my group Killed a lot of elk using those back in the very early 2000’s. And I mean lot and most of those were in highly pressured flattop otc archery elk units. Lol

Lol all day long but my group Killed a lot of elk using those back in the very early 2000’s. And I mean lot and most of those were in highly pressured flattop otc archery elk units. Lol
Oh they are/were awesome calls for me at least for a while. I wonder how many primos has sold?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back