Which call for a BIG bull?

Bingo!!!

I wonder if elk diaphragms are like good wine and get better with age? These are likely over 20 years old. I found a new in the packaging Primos Cow Girl, too. Still haven’t found the Hoochie Mama.

IMG_2984.jpeg

Bingo!!!

I wonder if elk diaphragms are like good wine and get better with age? These are likely over 20 years old. I found a new in the packaging Primos Cow Girl, too. Still haven’t found the Hoochie Mama.

View attachment 295595
I’ve always heard that those wrinkles give it better depth and a more realistic sound. You’ve found yourself a winner.

Reading some of the elk threads has got me all hot and bothered about elk hunting. So, I think I might pack up and go elk hunting in a week or two. I would really like to get a bull similar to the one @Greenhorn got but I am going to make it more challenging by hunting an OTC area not known for big bulls. I got skunked there last year as the only bulls I saw were just within cruise missile range. I decided I needed an edge this year so I started digging through my hunting gear for elk calls and found these.

With the goal of a booner bull, which would you take?

View attachment 295551
Either one will suffice, you have to use them in conjunction with a butt-out

I will probably regret passing on the butt out knock-off I found thrown out on clearance at a local sporting goods store this past summer.
I find it hilarious that there is knock off version. I will say did shoot a decent muley buck with one on that trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back