Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Which caliber gr bullet R U going to be using this season.

.338 Win Mag shooting 210gr Partitions. Right now, it's my one gun, one load for all big game.

Probably 308win with 150 nosler solid bases.Have other options and more than one tag so may mix it up.

At this point, I have a score to settle with the ungulate population, that means the 7mag with 160 sierras or Accubonds will get to do the dirty work.

I'm staying local this year, just whitetails, so I'll stick to the tried & true. Leaving in the morning, for a couple of days at the camp as a matter of fact.

Ruger 77 SE, 7mm/08, 3.5X10X45 Bushnell scope, and 150 gr Nosler BT's @ 2650fps, 40.5 gr of RL15. Not a screamer, but it sure gets the job done ! :p

300 win mag... Some bullets and a scope :)... not sure all the stats... but it works well,2 elk already this year... 2 lopes... and 2 deer going down next week !!!!

150 gr core-lokt for my first rifle deer. Hope those cheap bullets can handle the blistering speed of the mighty .308 win.........
1.jpg

Andy

OK...OK...So, I lied. Yeah, I took my son's 44 mag, Ruger 96 and popped the 9 Pt.
Hell, I might just grab the 308, Rem 600 next time ! I'm fickle. hump

Wow! lots of big guns for deer. I'll be shooting the classic .270 with 140 Hornadys.

800 yards? Is that technicaly hunting or just shooting at a moving target?

Good luck boys!!

Another vote for .300 Weatherby (accumark). The scope is a 4.5 x 14 Leupold with bullet drop compensator. Handloaded 180 grain accubonds leave the muzzle at 3,428 fps. For everything from rock chucks to elk.

For deer, this year, Win. Model 94, w/ 1.5X3 Weaver scope and Hornady 160gr. Leverevolution ammo.
Should be fun!! :p
I love the feel of a '94 levergun!!! hump

For deer, this year, Win. Model 94, w/ 1.5X3 Weaver scope and Hornady 160gr. Leverevolution ammo.
Should be fun!! :p
I love the feel of a '94 levergun!!! hump

Sounds like a sweet set up. How do the polymer tipped 30-30's print?

Back