Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Whatta BULL!

ERSS

I heard a rumor that my wife's nephew had killed a nice bull down on the Navajo Rez this past fall, but never saw a pic. Had some family visit this week....and they showed me this! Was told it scored just over 400 by taxi and just under by the Navajo F&G. Came from a part of the Res that really isn't known for elk...or big bulls. Gonna have to really look into the "navajo spouse" clause in their regs now........

Attachments

• Screenshot952014-12-21-18-12-38-1.jpg
    Screenshot952014-12-21-18-12-38-1.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Screenshot_2014-12-21-18-12-32-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-18-12-32-1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,536
That young man will be smiling for a lifetime.

Yes, you should look into exercising your rights to hunt there!

Nice bull. There are some good hunting opportunities there, even for those not affiliated with the Navajo Nation.

Spent a summer on the Navajo Rez working with a couple of Churches around Shiprock, Red Canyon, and Cottonwood. While helping the family I was living with move their sheep I saw a couple of real nice bulls. There is some beautiful country on the Rez and some great people as well. If you can join them for a hunt, I am sure you will have a great time.

Maybe it's the angle of the pics, or maybe the size of the rack he's sporting, but it seems that bull's body is quite small.

Navajo res tags for non-natives are about 10 grand. The White Mountain Apache tribe has the largest bull elk in all of North America. They won't let you shoot anything under a 400 class bull. I bumped into George Straight hunting out there a few years back

Navajo res tags for non-natives are about 10 grand. The White Mountain Apache tribe has the largest bull elk in all of North America. They won't let you shoot anything under a 400 class bull. I bumped into George Straight hunting out there a few years back

PM sent.

James not sure if you got my reply, that message seemed to have disappeared from my box

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back