PEAX Equipment

What's Your Lucky Hunting Item

Used to be cheez-its. Big fish, filled deer tags, lots of ducks. Not sure how they'll fare against being hauled around in a backpack, though.

Absolutely one item is mandatory my mom makes FUNNY CAKE for all the hunts.

Ding dongs we're a must have at deer camp back when they were packaged in tinfoil. They still make it to camp, but aren't quite as lucky with the updated packaging.

Sweetarts and my lucky rabbits feet from my first ever rabbit with my bow (though they havent been too lucky lately...maybe I used all the luck out of them). Sweetarts also help with muscle cramps it turns out (my dad swears by them) :)

Hands down, it's my burn yer eye balls off Blazing Orange, orange shirt. Marine helicopter pilots at 5000', have reported to the control tower of spotting an Orange 'something' when I was hunting on Camp Lejeune ! Deer stop in their tracks ...and just stare.....BANG, Flop. 😋

A well worn horseshoe we found out in the desert on a Javelina hunt....we hadn't seen anything in 2 days of hunting before finding it. It's really worn, like some areas are so worn down a couple minutes on a stone would make it a knife. Right after finding it a huge covey of quail bumped up and a herd of 15 pigs was seen and called in 20 minutes later. That thing is always in my pack now!

I don’t hunt without my mesh Levi Garrett hat. My dad gave it to me when I was young. He used to chew Levi and would buy it by the case, well if you sent in your receipt and a few bucks they would mail you a hat. He had a handful of them and gave me one.

It’s now pushing 40 years old and has holes all in the mesh and is falling apart, but unless it’s below freezing I’m wearing it. It has seen a lot of great hunts over the years, including my first elk!

An elk ivory from a bull my dad shot many years ago, 2 ivories from a bull I shot, a small pocketknife my twins gave me on Father's Day, a bear claw from a bear I took in Manitoba, and a first run Sacajawea dollar. These go on every trip to the field or mountains.

My uncle' s old wool coat & Stormy hat....a Zuni fetish of a badger,my 700 30-06.
I have a favorite cap I wear only hunting,but I never hunt without my -06. Anymore.

For me it would have to be my old cheap camo beanie, as I’ve looked back over the past few years almost all of my grip and grin harvest pics, I was wearing this hat the day it went down.

Attachments

• 7A38EFA6-70D6-49F3-9D58-81462A82A731.jpeg
    7A38EFA6-70D6-49F3-9D58-81462A82A731.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back