What’s the worst item you’ve lost?

neffa3

bow.

Got back to the truck in the dark after a brutally long day chasing mule deer. Set everything on the ground by the door and changed into some comfier shoes, loaded everything in the backseat and drove off, 3 hrs back home. In the morning when I went to unload the truck I didn't see my bow. I frantically drove back up saw fresh tire tracks and no bow. :(

88man

back in the mid 90's while making a deer drive with a gang of hunters in a swamp I LOST my stainless Steel Ruger 44mag. It apparently fell out of the shoulder holster at some point in the swamp. We looked for it a few times days later but the rains came and the area soon was under water for 90% of the time. That one hurt.

BigHornRam

Put my GPS with Montana map chip in my jackets vent, not pocket, and it slipped out somewhere on a snowy ridge in the Bighole. Use the caribiner thing now on my new GPS. :)

Ben Lamb

Not lost while hunting or fishing, but stolen from my truck:

About $4000 worth of fly fishing gear, between the 7-8 reels, 12 boxes of flies, etc. The Lanyard I bought the day before my wedding, a 7wt rod and 25 years of memories were all in that green Cabela's bag that some jackass had to have.

MinnesotaHunter

I lost my truck keys in about 12 inches of fresh snow during the middle of a late-season muzzle loader hunt. My wife made a 4 hour round trip to bring my second set up to me (she is generally way cooler than me). I ended up shooting a nice buck the next day...

devon deer

Not lost while hunting or fishing, but stolen from my truck:

About $4000 worth of fly fishing gear, between the 7-8 reels, 12 boxes of flies, etc. The Lanyard I bought the day before my wedding, a 7wt rod and 25 years of memories were all in that green Cabela's bag that some jackass had to have.
That's my nightmare!

But the only thing I lost was a roe deer caller, I only had it a couple of weeks, cost me $65

Cheers

Richard

kylemcintyre67

We were paddling a canoe full of decoys across the lake with my shotgun on top of the decoys. Until it wasn't. Splash! That was the worse, the best thing I lost in the woods was my virginity. Yah, didn't mind losing that at all.
The canoe we built this summer is specifically for accessing a section of public that I hope is overlooked this fall, I have a great fear of losing my rifle in the water. Planning to take it in the case with a life jacket strapped on to avoid this very thing.

MTGunner

My old flip phone. Then two years later I found it on the ridge I hav3 been hunting for yrs. No longer good for anything but a fishing weight. MTG

nrpate05

A really nice and new Knives of Alaska knife while butchering a bull in Wyoming. Got back home and noticed it wasn't in the sheath. Silly move carrying it on my belt - won't do that again. I still want to go back to that spot and see if I can find it. Hung up a pair of nice Smith shades on a tree this summer on a backpack trip. When I turned the corner and was looking directly into the setting sun a few miles later I realized they were still on that tree.