Whats the Most points on a Wild elk that...

Moosie

Grand poopa
.... you've seen. Althuogh I usually only see and Shoot spikes I've heard of nontypical elk. Anyone have any pictures or storys on elk with more then 6 points each side ?

Here are a few from the RMEF elk tour...

NM muzzy bull
ElkTour_nm_muzz.jpg

MT bull
ElkTour_mt_2.jpg

WA Blue Mt. Sheds
ElkTour_blues_sheds.jpg

I saw one in Jackson Hole the last time I was there that was absolutly huge, I know he would have hit the 400 + catagory, I didn't get to count them all, but it was either 7 or 8 X

I wish I could have got the camera out before he wandered off... :)

I borrowed a three antlered elk for an RMEF banquet a few years ago. It has a standard 6 on one side and a five on the other and a single point that is 47 inches long growing from it's own pedicle in between the other two. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. Since then, I've seen several bulls with similar antler arrangements. Glen almost shot one a few years ago. On the Walupai reservation in northern Arizona, they have a specail cull hunt each year to remove these types of bulls. It seems the gene that throws this strange antler growth is common up there.

:cool:

WoooHooooo!!!!! Az... That would be one great bull on the wall.... Great bull indeed.... :D

I have seen 7x8 that looked like the side with the 8 was more like a palm. Seen plenty of other 7x8 and a 6x9 that was really awesome. Suppose if I sat at the refuge with binos more, I could see quite a few.

Best ive seen in the wild was a 7x7 the day before elk season opened about 5 years ago.

Stan...how come there is stain marks on those pics..I know the bull is huge but still!! ;):D

My old man killed a 7x8 about 17 years ago. Thats the best one i've seen in the wild. I've seen quite a few 6x7's but nothing bigger.

9x9 Non-Typical. Have seen 2 of them on the same mountain range, 3 years apart. Definitely not the same one. Have seen a few 6x7's and 6x8's. Heard of a guy that took a 9x11.....but never saw it for myself.

SCOTT

The best I've seen that I can remember was a 7X8. Lots of 7X6's 7X7's. Now just killing one is the problem.

I have posted these pictures before in the past but here they are again. This is a bull that was taken here in PA during the 2003 elk season. It isa very massive non typical.

2003PAelk-2.jpg

2003PAelk-1.jpg

There are several that I have seen still running around that are bigger than this. I have tried to get a tag every year since they brought our elk season back a few years ago. No luck yet. MAybe this year? hump It is a very liimted hunt.........but as you can see the rewards are GREAT! :D

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back