What's on the smoker today?

Smoked a boneless pork half shoulder. Poked holes on both sides and put in slivers of garlic and lime.
Smoked for about 4 hours then put in a foil pan, turned the heat up to 180° another 4 hours then finished at 325° for an hour.
Came out very moist and tender. (y) Internal temp was at 201°.

0715211822-00.jpg0715211851-00.jpg

I've seen guys on here and other smoking groups doing bologna, but no one ever says with IT to cook it to.
John, watched a few videos that emphasized the bark. Since it's precooked you're just infusing smoke & internal temp is moot. I'm smoking at 225 for a couple hours til it turns brown and the cross hatching opens up. Then I'll slather with Sweet Baby Rays & butter leave on for 30 more minutes.

John, watched a few videos that emphasized the bark. Since it's precooked you're just infusing smoke. I'm smoking at 225 for a couple hours til it turns brown and the cross hatching opens up. Then I'll slather with Sweet Baby Rays & butter leave on for 30 more minutes.
Cool. That makes sense. Thanks, Ken.

John, watched a few videos that emphasized the bark. Since it's precooked you're just infusing smoke & internal temp is moot. I'm smoking at 225 for a couple hours til it turns brown and the cross hatching opens up. Then I'll slather with Sweet Baby Rays & butter leave on for 30 more minutes.
Dang this sounds good. mtmuley

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back