Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What's on the smoker today?

View attachment 295795
As much as I love brisket, I may love a smoked pork butt just a wee bit more. Who says you can't get bark on a pellet smoker?
Pork shoulder is much more versatile as far as leftovers. Sandwiches, nachos, carnitas tacos, etc. Freezes well. Brisket rocks for the initial meal, but falls off quickly after.

Never thought about it like that, those are valid points. I'm actually turning some of the pork into al pastor type tacos tonight, goes along with what you're saying.

I need something to smoke this weekend. I've done a bunch of brisket, ribs, porkbutt, chicken, sides over the last several weeks, need something different. What's something you guys have been wanting to make, maybe something you won't find on the menu at a BBQ place?

I need something to smoke this weekend. I've done a bunch of brisket, ribs, porkbutt, chicken, sides over the last several weeks, need something different. What's something you guys have been wanting to make, maybe something you won't find on the menu at a BBQ place?
Not that uncommon but honestly I think smoked turkey is my favorite to smoke.

Beef cheeks and a tongue, then braise it and make barbacoa.

I’ve got some pastrami (venison) brining right now. It’ll be out of the brine on Friday, dry curing overnight, and then onto the smoker on Sat. Last roast from our 2020 harvest.

I’ve got some pastrami (venison) brining right now. It’ll be out of the brine on Friday, dry curing overnight, and then onto the smoker on Sat. Last roast from our 2020 harvest.
Can’t wait to see it.

Spatchcock a turkey and let it marinate in apple cider for a couple of days and smoke low and slow.

Some pics from some recent cooks on the offset smoker. Pic 1: smoked wings and ribs, then deep fried them, Pic 2: the offset, Pic 3: 4-8 lb pork butts, Pic 4: Dutch oven peach cobbler & Pic 5: pork butt steaks. Hope everyone has a great fall cooking between hunts.

20230903_173743.jpg20230916_090638.jpg20230916_134319.jpg20230916_183011.jpg20230923_150758.jpg

Tonight I'll be reheating a smoked and frozen pork shoulder I did last year. Planning on 1 hour at 350 in the oven, wrapped in foil.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back