Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What would you do with 25 Elk Points and 25 Deer Points in CO

ssmusicman

What would you do with 25 points for Elk and Deer in CO? This is not a trick question this is my
reality, and my brother's too.

I know, I know, this is just another one of those threads where I'm open to ridicule for collecting
points for this long, have at me with your best shots if you must.

The thought was to go for 2 or 201 when "the time came", well, it seems like the point creep may
keep us out of that now too.

Thoughts?

Don’t know anything about CO units, but I’d do the deer and elk on different years so you can enjoy each more and devote more time to each tag individually.

Whatever you do, I hope you chronicle your hunts here so we can see how you did. Would hope a 25 pt hunt would be an incredible experience.

There are only a few units in CO that require that many points. Find the few and choose the best one. Just my opinion. Good luck on the hunt, you waited a long time. Hopefully it will be a hunt you both never forget.

Doesn’t matter what I would do. What do you want to do? You’ve provided no information beyond the number of points you have.
Our thoughts are to divide it up into 4 hunts, do deer first, learn a unit on the deer hunts and get some insight for elk hunts in the following years. Hoping for a good unit for both that would be more favorable for elk.

Our thoughts are to divide it up into 4 hunts, do deer first, learn a unit on the deer hunts and get some insight for elk hunts in the following years. Hoping for a good unit for both that would be more favorable for elk.
I'm not sure I can help you if you're choosing elk over mule deer. ;) There are only one or two units in the state where you might consider spending that many points on both a deer and an elk hunt. You probably don't need anyone's help. DIY?

Burn them but focus on a unit that took 23 or 24 points to draw. I’d better a lot of people will be jumping in this year so point creep may be extreme for those higher point hunts.

Get gohunt or something like that. You spent a lot of money on points, dont go cheap in your research.

Do elk and deer in different years. Your deer hunt probably should not be in the same unit as your elk just because it's hard to find a unit that is a trophy unit for both species. A unit is usually managed for quality for one species. Not both in the same unit.

Here is my jab..... too bad you didnt have 20 plus years to do your research.

Back