What would you do? Flying neighbor.

I see similar things around here. Folks tout private property rights then complain when their neighbors exercise theirs. I get how this might be annoying but not much can be done. Can't be anymore annoying than my neighbors dogs that bark non stop 24/7.

Greeting them with a 30-30 on the dash doesn't seem like the smartest idea, and posting a shooting range towards their gate on a public forum, ya not so much either.

Use his airstrip as a back berm to your new shooting range? Set it up in advance (of course) once you see his plans, go full large bore metallic targets, nice benches, etc. then invite him over (hint hint)

You can be civil without being buddies.
Got off on the wrong foot with my neighbors. It was a hostile situation.
I decided before it escalated further I would wave a flag without an apology.
They built directly in my view...I build a 300' solid fence( in 2 days ;) ).
All good.

I'd pick up amateur radio as a hobby and install a huge antenna array right on the edge of your property in the way of his flight path.

Reactions: JDH
..the only way is out over my place in prevailing winds.
Gonna play devils advocate here. You say their property is 107 acres? That's an awful lot of space. What makes you think they are going to put the airstrip in the exact spot that will require them to fly over your place?
My FIL lives within 1/4 mile of a private airstrip in Sparks NV. All the planes that take off and land there are small single engine planes and we have never actually heard one landing or taking off but we do see them in the air.
You're having a ****fit before you even know there's a problem.

Last edited:
I don’t understand your complaint here . What’s the neighbor doing wrong ? You don’t seem to have a legit complaint . I probably wouldn’t like it either but that’s life

I don’t understand your complaint here . What’s the neighbor doing wrong ? You don’t seem to have a legit complaint . I probably wouldn’t like it either but that’s life
Sounds like a guy that is just venting frustration. Whether its justified or not I think we have all been guilty of that a time or two.

I do like the HOA idea. Shut his ass down because he has the wrong species of tree planted. He will never see it coming.

I was PISSED when my neighbor sold their 2000 acre ranch and the new owners planted a huge vineyard on the hill overlooking my house. They even took down the barb wire and put up hi fence around it to keep deer out. I used to hunt that field. And now farm workers would be looking down into my 2 acre backyard where my archery range is. No more privacy! But I planted trees, got to know them and accepted the change. Grapes need little work anyway. Hardly ever anybody up there. I bet you’ll have similar results eventually. Don’t do something you wish you hadn’t.

I have a buddy who flies and owns his own plane. Honestly it is like others have said. Maybe once a week. A neighbor kid with a piped Subaru would be more annoying.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back