PEAX Equipment

What to do

Good luck on your hunt! Glad to hear it came together for you. Better late than never!

Hank, there’s a big difference between states and outfitting operations as some get exclusive rights to the hunt areas as we’re aware, in your state of New Mexico it seems they give them out in cereal boxes, man there just piled on top of each other competing for the same animals. Don’t even get me started on the bear guide debacle in 15 and 16s it’s a shat show, they are crawling all over the place it’s distracting to say the least.

In my experience some of them would still gladly eff up your hunt, and free of charge. 🙂
So I sympathize both ways. I used to guide here on the farm for deer and turkeys. It’s hard to get 2 personalities and 2 hunting styles to mesh. Out of the hundred or there abouts people I took with me 2 of them and I were the same. I still talk to both of them at least once a month.

I just doubt I could ever hire a guide that would fit exactly what I wanted to do, not necessarily their faults, I just know how hard it is to judge a client and proceed accordingly. Now this is a different situation with the last minute canceling. That just plain sucks. I don’t wanna derail this thread but I’ll just say I doubt many people I took would last on HT too long. They’d be laughed right off here. 🤣

So I sympathize both ways. I used to guide here on the farm for deer and turkeys. It’s hard to get 2 personalities and 2 hunting styles to mesh. Out of the hundred or there abouts people I took with me 2 of them and I were the same. I still talk to both of them at least once a month.

I just doubt I could ever hire a guide that would fit exactly what I wanted to do, not necessarily their faults, I just know how hard it is to judge a client and proceed accordingly. Now this is a different situation with the last minute canceling. That just plain sucks. I don’t wanna derail this thread but I’ll just say I doubt many people I took would last on HT too long. They’d be laughed right off here. 🤣
I gotcha; I was meaning more that I’ve had guides with clients blow up my public land stalks with zero regard for what was going on around them.

Sure hope it all works out for you! If you are coming to the Little Belts be warned...don't hunt my mountain:oops::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
To ensure that a hunt doesn't take place on your mountain it would be prudent if you posted coordinates complete with way points photos and description of your vehicle. Information is power and you hold the power to ensure such an infraction isn't committed LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

To ensure that a hunt doesn't take place on your mountain it would be prudent if you posted coordinates complete with way points photos and description of your vehicle. Information is power and you hold the power to ensure such an infraction isn't committed LMAO 🤣🤣🤣
I forgot to add the above requested information should be posted publicly.

JimQ we are waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_000858411.jpg
    IMG_20220909_000858411.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 11
Since it seems to the only recourse I have to maintain the privacy of my mountain I am going to divulge the coordinates but I beg of you to please not share them with anyone else.
Lat: 34.010, Long: -118.371

Glad to hear you had some help sorting this out. I don't understand the delay in refunding your deposit. Hope you have a good time. Outfitters can provide a wonderful experience ... or be a ripoff.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back