PEAX Equipment

What to do: dealing with a a-hole

Damn, there are some serious vigilante ideas working here. What are the suggestions for a severe violation in which the accused is actually proven to be the perpetrator?
Far as I've read you got a missing SD card, don't know when taken. A truck parked in a public area on a different day. Evidence someone killed a deer, maybe in your stand or elsewhere.
Maybe the villagers should put the pitchforks and torches down for a bit

Definitely calling a warden or sheriff. Bloody arrow is definitely a threat. I have no patience for that. Since he can’t meet you face to face or answer you he is definitely a coward
I've dealt with public use disputes and theft of gear left in public areas. Law enforcement would likely explain that a nock from an arrow does not reach the elements of a harassment/threat crime. Secondly, taken someone's property such as an SD card is theft but obviously a very small monetary value and since the camera was left the intent is likely to hide a captured image. Thirdly, you really don't know if all this is connected to same person.

The best outcome if person is identified is for Warden or Deputy to talk with him. There are always two sides to the story and this guy may not have taken SD card and have a totally different perspective on situation.
...or he may be a total Turd.

thanks guys for the suggestions and your 2 cents; I wont be doing anything illegal as I dont want to escalate it anymore, I have kids and dont need some moron knowing where I live.

I pulled the stand, made a nice string of mock scrapes for the guy's next hunt to get him all revved up for that big buck! Left the note, and will move on. I also did contact the warden and told him I realize its small potatoes, but like someone else mentioned, he may want to just talk and it maybe this guy has a history of being a dope.

And as others pointed out, its all speculation the only truck thats been showing up there is the actual guy.

thanks guys for the suggestions and your 2 cents; I wont be doing anything illegal as I dont want to escalate it anymore
Kudos for taking the high road. In a similar situation, I gave up a spot where our party had killed a lot of guys' first elk (my dad's first elk, my first elk, and several friends' first elk) and it chapped my arse for a while, but looking back, I am so glad I didn't play their game. I went out and found even better spots.

Here leaving a stand in the woods means anyone can use it. Therefore you take your stand in and out with you. If someone parks at the spot first, and the parking spot isn't the only entry to a large area, it's theirs until they leave.

People so often fail to follow these unwritten rules they've started to show up in the regulations.

My advice is look for places with no trace of others and leave no trace yourself. No point in telling them where to hunt. You will most likely have greater success this way.

I didn’t read all the replies but I’d definitely just move on. The whitetails where I hunt are super spooky and don’t tolerate any pressure. If someone has been messing around by your stand it’s probably not worth hunting right there anyhow.

Might suggest a security box and a cable lock for the cam next time.

I have had trail cameras stolen in idaho on national forest. I mostly use bear boxes and locks now. I wouldn't back out of there, it just encourages that guy to be a dick to the next hunter. I would definitely have another spot to hunt but I just wont quit hunting my spots because someone wants to be an A-hole, its like rewarding bad behavior. I know a guy locally who started cutting the tree down with a chainsaw while the hunter was in the stand! People get a little freaky about their spots lol.

Back