What the Hell is this ??? We need Help .......

After a little googling (incognito mode) it looks like there are plenty of pictures of beached whales with a penis hanging out that look fairly similar to the above images. No pictures of vestigial limbs/legs other than drawings. And the one old article I read made it sound like most found in the past were fairly small. So it seems like this would be a breakthrough scientific find if it was. Unlikely, but would be cool.
I did the same search with no luck! Post em up!

Alright, I practiced my bloated whale d searching a little more and found this one, closest looking one I could find. From this picture I could see how the pictures from OregonChris from the rear could make it look like it's coming more from the side than the ventral line, if bloated and held up by the sand. Could just be the way it bloated and pressed up to the side to make it look like a hip, hard to tell when things start to rot and bloat, might shift around a bit. I think I'm starting to lean towards bloated penis (pun intended)!

whale penis.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: trb
I've heard from one fish bio who thinks it could be either, would have to examine in person to say for sure.

I've heard from a few other various types of biologists, they all say can't tell for sure from the photos, but consensus seems to be that probability-wise bloated penis is more likely than vestigial limb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back