What the Hell is this ??? We need Help .......

Little Big Man MT Chris

My buddy John spent his birthday weekend at the Oregon coast and they were walking along the beach and they found this prehistoric monster looking thing, John said it was 25-30 feet long , what has flippers things and a long tail ?? John said that the flippers coming off the back in were almost partially like legs they were like a flipper legs. none of us can figure out what it is any ocean guys out there ? science guys ? hello ....
I’m saying Jurassic Park really exist in this thing freaking escaped off the island!!!!!
40473AD6-04B5-4718-901D-078DE761B1C7.jpeg
FAEEF9F9-6968-4BB0-A175-D4BE32B32B3D.jpeg
196A2BA3-8647-4F9D-9024-0611F24D8483.jpeg
9F852E2A-ABC0-4017-BC44-7D9F3BF3D93F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep. Thats his mouth in the foreground. Looks like he’s been there a while.

I thought whale to but it has a long tail , I don’t know of any whales that have tails or large rear flipper legs , that’s what was the confusing thing, John’s going to report it to Fish and wildlife tomorrow

Last edited:
The front end does look like a baleen whale of some kind but whales have dorsal fins and don't have rear flippers and a long tail. So obviously it is a cross between a whale and an otter. What else could it be?

Seriously though, you really should send those pictures to an ODFW biologist or a biologist a Oregon State. It's just too weird.

Don't leave us hanging on this one, that thing is crazy looking, the last picture it looks like a hip and a leg and long tail. First two pics look like whale, but last two I'd say it is not a whale, at least not any known species.

Earlier this year I talked to someone about Roosevelt elk , in the Oregon Department of Fish and wildlife office in the town right close to where this thing was washed up on the beach so I forwarded the email pictures to him so he can get them to the marine biologist guy in that office , and I will keep everyone in the loop

Dorsal is way back on Blues, & their real long.

Not to get all "actually" on you, but I'm seeing from marine mammal center that blue whale dorsal fins are extremely small from a quick google search. And nothing has any sort of flipper at the rear. The only thing I can think of if it's a whale is it has an extremely deformed tail.

Back