What the Hell is this ??? We need Help .......

It’s 40 ft we just measured it
View attachment 145100
View attachment 145101
View attachment 145102
View attachment 145103
View attachment 145104
View attachment 145105
it appears to be a whale with rear legs , We dug up the tail and found that it was actually a fluke
I found this explanation on the web. Sounds like a rare type of whale
View attachment 145106
This doesn't actually say they still exist, and I'm only seeing reference to fossil evidence, if that's really a rear flipper/leg and not a misplaced deformed penis it might be quite rare, a vestigial leg. It will be interesting to hear what the biologist thinks.

If I had to guess I would say it is just the penis. The soft tissue mass becomes bloated in the water and once you take away the buoyancy of the water rolls to its side once gravity takes over. that while hard is not nearly as rigid as the skeletal structure. Thus looking really misplaced. Just a guess though.

Throw some of that on the barby, meat oughtta be pretty well aged and tender by now.

🚨 Update 🚨
I got an email back from ODFW office They thanked me for the pictures, And said they’d heard about the whale and that’s it’s been there for a couple of weeks at least they said and that they don’t do anything about marine animals and And transferred me to the marine animals West Coast reporting office, where all the information was taken the location etc. and then they said I might be getting a call from the people who work and handle that area for the pictures or they might not.

As for now I have not heard back from them which is kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get some clarification on the rear part of that whale , because At the end of the day there was only two trains of thought last night on Hunttalk About what it was and until we hear from a biologist which now seems may never happen or unless some whale biologist just accidentally logs in to hunt talk and find this thread and gives us all an answer we might never know but until then let the debate continue
433A992F-D045-49C6-913C-69B1A84C7403.jpeg
8CE907F1-77ED-4B2E-B1F8-40FA308C17D3.jpeg

is it the mysterious throwback whale with the rare rear appendage flipper leg
BA74D8BB-5BE5-4591-A6D9-B90F1AC0E6C4.gif

or , is it just a big whale sausage ??
8015E54F-D656-4709-9674-30B0351A1209.gif

everybody loves a mystery!!!!

🚨 Update 🚨
I got an email back from ODFW office They thanked me for the pictures, And said they’d heard about the whale and that’s it’s been there for a couple of weeks at least they said and that they don’t do anything about marine animals and And transferred me to the marine animals West Coast reporting office, where all the information was taken the location etc. and then they said I might be getting a call from the people who work and handle that area for the pictures or they might not.

As for now I have not heard back from them which is kind of a bummer because I was hoping to get some clarification on the rear part of that whale , because At the end of the day there was only two trains of thought last night on Hunttalk About what it was and until we hear from a biologist which now seems may never happen or unless some whale biologist just accidentally logs in to hunt talk and find this thread and gives us all an answer we might never know but until then let the debate continue
View attachment 145273
View attachment 145274

is it the mysterious throwback whale with the rare rear appendage flipper leg
View attachment 145275

or , is it just a big whale sausage ??
View attachment 145276

everybody loves a mystery!!!!

I'm still leaning towards rare vestigial leg, doesn't seem placed right for a penis. Would be interesting to know what species. If you don't mind I'd like to send the photos to a couple biologists?

I see there was a report on May 31 of an "Unusual Mortality Event", as of then 70 gray whales have stranded from California to Alaska.

I'm still leaning towards rare vestigial leg, doesn't seem placed right for a penis. Would be interesting to know what species. If you don't mind I'd like to send the photos to a couple biologists?

i’m 90% on the leg to because when we were standing right there looking at it the whale didn’t look twisted it look like it was laying perfectly on its side and it appeared to have just a small amount of its belly showing , But because I don’t know anything about whales I’m leaving 10% open to be wrong

please do

I talked to NOAA/NMFS and they were pretty interested, they said they'd probably do a necropsy and genetic testing. They said to contact the stranded marine animal program, sounds like the local group you mentioned might be their local boots on the ground so the ball might already be rolling.

I talked to NOAA/NMFS and they were pretty interested, they said they'd probably do a necropsy and genetic testing. They said to contact the stranded marine animal program, sounds like the local group you mentioned might be their local boots on the ground so the ball might already be rolling.

Yeah hopefully they don’t waste any time And get out there before that thing decomposes any more because that things in pretty rough shape

After a little googling (incognito mode) it looks like there are plenty of pictures of beached whales with a penis hanging out that look fairly similar to the above images. No pictures of vestigial limbs/legs other than drawings. And the one old article I read made it sound like most found in the past were fairly small. So it seems like this would be a breakthrough scientific find if it was. Unlikely, but would be cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back