What is the best piece of advice tht you have ever been given?

After I drew that area #100 type 1 tag this year I was told don't shoot the first bull you see. But, I already knew that, the advice did come from a G&F warden though.
Definitely good advice, I shot the first one i seen opening morning and his buddy right behind him was way bigger.

Definitely good advice, I shot the first one i seen opening morning and his buddy right behind him was way bigger.
Also do not take the advice look for the whale tail. That is what i did and the whale tail was big only because the 5 point side was the side showing the whale tail

Live on your wins man. I know I can get frustrated when life ain't going right. But I had a fellow suggest this , live on your wins, and took it to heart.
I can focus on the bad n get a pissy attitude or think about the wins. Our kids n grandkids. Being out in the bush.
Instead of what someone else might think or has done. If its out of my control it's easier than when I goof. I get frustrated that my bodies worn out n hurts, but it sure was fun getting here.
I'm blessed to have some wins in my life. Stuff out of my control, not my problem. I'm thinking about going fishing with our grandkids instead. How pretty my wife is. How nice it's going to be come moose season n I have a good excuse to spend a month at the cabin.
Livin on my wins man !

I was playing bass for this old blues singer/ guitarist. "The most important note is the note not played". Not sure I liked it as a 19 yr old but it makes some sense 30 years later. Lol.

Live on your wins man. I know I can get frustrated when life ain't going right. But I had a fellow suggest this , live on your wins, and took it to heart.
I can focus on the bad n get a pissy attitude or think about the wins. Our kids n grandkids. Being out in the bush.
Instead of what someone else might think or has done. If its out of my control it's easier than when I goof. I get frustrated that my bodies worn out n hurts, but it sure was fun getting here.
I'm blessed to have some wins in my life. Stuff out of my control, not my problem. I'm thinking about going fishing with our grandkids instead. How pretty my wife is. How nice it's going to be come moose season n I have a good excuse to spend a month at the cabin.
Livin on my wins man !
Good advice. I heard a quote once that I try to live by when I can remember it. “Move towards the good instead of away from the bad.”

Best life advice

Forget about what you did or didn’t do in the past if it’s not useful to the present situation; start where you are

No one is going to do it for you

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see

Do the right thing for the right reason; let residual concerns work itself out

Act as if everyone including your most valued mentors are always watching you (even when they are not), and you will often make the correct choices

Always leave it better than you found it

Elder women and men know stuff the rest of us don’t:

• Pay attention to old women giving cryptic advice and work out whatever meaning there could be in her words – it may save your life
  • Beware of old men in a hurry (Mr. Newburg) – something messed up is about to transpire
Best relationship advice

I was on the eve of my wedding night while sitting at a dinner table of a group of men who all have been married for more than 34 years. I asked what the secret to the long and happy marriage was. To a man, they all said the same thing. The secret to a happy and healthy relationship is being able to say “yes dear”; you can still do what you want but just make sure that you always say “yes dear”. That was over 25 years ago and I can vouch for this sage advice.

Attractive people will always make themselves available to people with the smallest amount of perceived wealth – some good, some bad – be aware of their intentions

Everyone knows of a lot of men who have lost a lot of good women and money while chasing other women, but no one knows of a single man who has lost a lot of women while chasing money

Last edited:
I’ll add one from my dad. It was more “instruction” in my early hunting days than advice, but it’s served me far better in life and career success than hunting.

“Be quiet. Pay close attention to what’s going on around you. And react accordingly.”

When I learned "Dos" programming I understood my own philosophy of life's explanation.

" If Then Else".

Every other line of the program, always look for "Else"

Always have solutions, before you have Problems.
And you will find the solution within the Problem.

Makes for a simpler life😉

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back