Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Love what I do, even at 42 years but business was an anchor. Had I met my wife (2nd) earlier I think we'd have moved west.
Probably still Construction

No way am I going back.

I ended up with a job that fit my skills and personality. Working in an oil refinery is not for everyone, but it treated me and our family very well. I also enjoyed the side gig of being the chairman of the union for wage employees. That exposed me to the complicated nature of the human condition. That was close enough to being an advocate that I think that being an attorney would have been enjoyable.

When I was about 15, my dad asked me what I wanted to do with my life. I told him I didn't know what I wanted to do for a job, but I wanted to work in the woods. I kind of stumbled into surveying for the BLM and Forest Service and spent my life working in the woods. I enjoyed it but it was extremely physical and now my knees are shot so maybe something less physical would have been better. On the other hand, the physical nature of the job kept me in shape. I don't have the discipline to maintain a workout routine so without the job I probably would have been a fat slob by 30 and dead of a heart attack by 55. So, I guess I'm good.

So far retirement is the best job I have ever had but, I've always thought that Cult Leader would be a good job. You get a bunch of people to give you all their wealth, then you take it, buy a ranch and have all those people work it for you for free. You just have to feed them beans and rice and keep their heads full of some B.S. religious sh*t you made up and just live the good life. And of course, you get first crack at all the virgin girls.

When I was about 15, my dad asked me what I wanted to do with my life. I told him I didn't know what I wanted to do for a job, but I wanted to work in the woods. I kind of stumbled into surveying for the BLM and Forest Service and spent my life working in the woods. I enjoyed it but it was extremely physical and now my knees are shot so maybe something less physical would have been better. On the other hand, the physical nature of the job kept me in shape. I don't have the discipline to maintain a workout routine so without the job I probably would have been a fat slob by 30 and dead of a heart attack by 55. So, I guess I'm good.

So far retirement is the best job I have ever had but, I've always thought that Cult Leader would be a good job. You get a bunch of people to give you all their wealth, then you take it, buy a ranch and have all those people work it for you for free. You just have to feed them beans and rice and keep their heads full of some B.S. religious sh*t you made up and just live the good life. And of course, you get first crack at all the virgin girls.
That's slightly distubing.

Stayed in air force rotc and flew heavies instead of going army flight. If I could kick my 19 year old self in the crotch for quitting rotc I would.

Don’t take something you love and try to make money out of it, and make sure you do something you make enough money to always have enough to do what you love.

I always wanted to be a game warden or biologist, not anymore.

Should have opened a dispensary, would have if I knew the atf would eventually let everyone walk. I don’t even smoke but damn those guys kill it for not much work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back