PEAX Equipment

What do you think?

Those look really Great! I have a great set of 100+ year old Antlers one of my Greatgrandfathers killed. I may try to fix the broken tines where they fell off the wall. They flew to pieces!!! Good Work! John

IB, you may have mentioned somewhere in the thread but I didn't see it. What brand of epoxy are you using and what are you using to color the epoxy?

IB, you may have mentioned somewhere in the thread but I didn't see it. What brand of epoxy are you using and what are you using to color the epoxy?
I've been using Apoxy sculpt and All game. So far I like the Apoxy sculpt better. I do like the natural bone color the All game is though when first mixed.

I use acrylic paints to color the epoxy. I mostly use caramel or brown.

Very nice work IB. I honestly couldn't tell what it was that had been repaired. Thanks for posting the process photos.

Idahobugler, could you do that to me? Would it hurt?
It's not to bad. The results worked great for me on last years New Mexico hunt with Moosie and Browtine.

gourd.jpg

Nice gourd Bryce! I can't wait til' we go hunting.........again ;) !

You must be the bravest, most fierce warrior in your Pygmy tribe and I bet you get all the chicks hump !

Idaho, for allot of repairs I do which you can use also is to use powder pigments in the apoxy. to get you to the base color and you can also work powder into the base as it sets up.

I am a art conservator and antique restorer. I've never done antlers. It seems to be rewarding just the same.

Back