PEAX Equipment

What DO you talk about/share about your spots?

Tennessee Walkers as a mountain horse? We had awesome stock when I was a kid. All grade horses. They learned the ropes in the hills. A Walker? Yeah maybe. On flat ground. mtmuley

They've taken me everywhere I wanted to go in the mountains or out on the plains. CCC2FCCF-36EE-4E52-B954-7BC8F1D99BA8.jpeg

I took this shot from the back of a TWH.

I run morgans and saddlebreds. Tennessee Walkers are in my list of acceptable horses. 20-25 miles a day at a brisk walk and a smooth ride. Give em hell 406dn.

I have quarter horses and 2 Tennessee Walkers and the TW’s will go anywhere, haul anything in any country any of my QH’s will go. Good horses !

When I hear someone say walking horses are no good in the mountains,, it informs me about their depth of knowledge about horses.

Arabians pretty much dominate endurance riding, but some people compete with their walking horses. There is not likely a tougher competition than the Tevis Cup. It's a 100 mile ride up and over the Sierra Nevada in a 24 hour period.

Here is a link to a woman riding a rescued walker that completed that race.

I had a string of quarter horses that could flat move. We got a very late start out of Gates Park one October day, and still made Benchmark before dark. One of the Forest Service employees had a TW and a long legged mule. He made better time than me.

Sometimes I will just tell people a little bit about everywhere which is kind of like everyone getting a trophy.

Poppy taught how to answer inquiring questions......."where'd you go?"......up on the mountain.

........."you catch anything"........a couple (literally a couple, or a couple dozen, or a couple hundred, doesn't matter, it is always a couple)

......."didja see any elk?"...........nope, just concentrating on the fishing

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back