Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What Cartridges Have You Killed Big Game With This Season?

If we’re considering prior seasons, have used 6.5 CM, .270, 28 Nosler, 300 win mag, and 300 RUM on elk, deer, antelope, and Buffalo.

The gun I have used the most, by far, is a .22 killing more pigeons, rabbits, squirrels, and a few more “pests” on the farm growing up than I care to remember.

If we’re considering prior seasons, have used 6.5 CM, .270, 28 Nosler, 300 win mag, and 300 RUM on elk, deer, antelope, and Buffalo.

The gun I have used the most, by far, is a .22 killing more pigeons, rabbits, squirrels, and a few more “pests” on the farm growing up than I care to remember.
Jape? Name change or am I lost in the Twilight zone?

50 cal ML is the only one I've killed with. My poor 30-06 hasn't even fired a shot. Hoping to change that this week.
Well I can add the 30-06 to the list. Found a community scrape today and made the most of it. Almost doubled up but the wind got me.

Hogs with 223 and 6.5
turkey with a 6.5 hipster to the neck.
Whitetail buck and doe with a 243.

Will probably bring something different on my next trip.

Whitetail doe - 2 3/4 inch 12 ga Federal Power-Shok 00 Buck (In a non-rifle district)
Small Antelope Buck and two muley does - .308 165 gr Federal Trophy Bonded Tip
How do you like the 165 grain TBT? I'm prolly switching most of my rifles to TBT and Terminal Ascents

How do you like the 165 grain TBT? I'm prolly switching most of my rifles to TBT and Terminal Ascents
They have performed great so far. I've never recovered any of the bullets and haven't taken anything larger than deer with them so far but nothing I have shot with them has made it more than 20 yards after the shot. They also shoot better than most of the ammo I have tried in my Savage 16. I have heard good things about terminal ascent too and might try the 175 grain ones for next season if I find anywhere to buy them.

.270 WIN 145gr Hornady Eld-X Elk Bull 300m
.270 WIN 145gr Hornady Eld-X Mule Buck under 100meters
.270 WIN 145gr Hornady Eld-X Mule Fawn 250m
.270 WIN 145gr Hornady Eld-X Elk Cow 120m

Just a couple of whitetails; 7/08 140 BT's, 223 rows on a bean field, 44Mag 240 HP's, 40 yds, in the white oaks. Both Bang/Flops.

I think I'll either do bear (the 338 Fed needs some fresh air), or Lopes next year.....or both. WTH, I'm retired & got the $$, just need a tag.

They have performed great so far. I've never recovered any of the bullets and haven't taken anything larger than deer with them so far but nothing I have shot with them has made it more than 20 yards after the shot. They also shoot better than most of the ammo I have tried in my Savage 16. I have heard good things about terminal ascent too and might try the 175 grain ones for next season if I find anywhere to buy them.
I have loved nosler but shooting the TBT shrunk my group and was sighted in at 200 yrds from the first shot. I am impressed with Federal

Back