What are your goals for DEER this year?

How's the therapy going?

We are making progress......if i could get everyone to agree to take our medication i think it would help us a great deal.

Since I have 128 tags available to me...I guess me and the girl will stack'em up like cord wood. hump :D

Well my goal last year was a 170" buck and I failed with a 167", so I'll have to stick with the goal of a 170 incher again.

My goal now is to put my youngest girl on a good mulie. So far each daughter has missed a 180 to 200 class desert buck - I wanted to snatch the rifle from them but didn't. The oldest isn't hunting deer this year so it is up to the youngest. I made my goal in Jan, took my first archery deer, so am done for the year.

Top priority will be trying to get my ten year old son on his first deer. They just opened a "Youth" doe season in the unit I got drawn for Grizz, so I don't think that will be too much of a challenge. He takes after his ol man though, so he may pass hoping to find a big ol' muley buck for his first.:cool:

For myself, I'll be Going Big of Going Home once again. 200 inches or bust. A 190" typical may tempt me, but MassNTrash has my name on him this year.

My goals are to Kill a 200" muley if I get a kiabab tag here in az. My other goal is to kill a coues deer like this. My uncle shot this one last year. scored 136" and had 6-8" of broken horns

Larry Landgren said:
My goals are to Kill a 200" muley if I get a kiabab tag here in az. My other goal is to kill a coues deer like this. My uncle shot this one last year. scored 136" and had 6-8" of broken horns

That is a super whitie. Your uncle has got some nice deer and elk.
My goal is to have my 11 year old get a 100" whitie. He has 2 small 3 points now is his time to break 100. He checks the G&F website everyday to see if results are up.

My other goal is to get a 150" mulie with my bow.

First post on this forum, so here goes
This year I have set a goal of the following species;
Sambar Stag better than 28" to go with the hind I shot a couple of weeks ago.
Chital Stag better than 30" and a hind for a hide.
A couple more Fallow for the freezer and I won't say no to shooting a good heavy palmed stag.
A Red stag better than my mates last effort:)
And save enough to pay for a trip to NZ to hunt Tahr, Chamois & Red early next season:D

Cheers Peter O

What's a hind Peter O? I'm sure the other guys on here know what it is but I don't. Heck I don't know what the criters look like your talking about.:D

Welcome to Moosies.

Pa mt man said:
What's a hind Peter O? I'm sure the other guys on here know what it is but I don't. Heck I don't know what the criters look like your talking about.

:) Its what we call a female deer down here. "Doe" sounds like something we make bread with and is also slang for money.
Guess there is no hiding where I'm from :eek: .
Australia has no native deer so we hunt what has been released into the wild over the course of white settlement.
Both the Sambar and Chital are Asiatic species
The Red is an elk
Fallow, Rusa & Hog deer make up the rest of our wild population along with a few cross breeds If I ever learn how to post Pics on here I will put some up for you to look at.
Cheers

Ullpp!! I drew a coveted X3a mule deer tag... so it's put up or shut up time. Been whinning for 4 or 5 years now about not drawing a tag -and now that I have- I gotta lose the tire off of my gut and get into some sort of shape. Iv'e already scouted the borders of my property on Schaffer Mt. in northern California, and have discovered half a dozen hideyholes and ambush spots to glass from -perfect spots to lay out in while the deer search out beds after feeding- or have other hunters from down below push bucks up to me. Gonna stay out from 4am till 9pm everyday for sure.
The goal for me is to challenge myself to get into a little better shape and stop sittin' around drinkin' too much beer. If I can lose or curtail a couple of bad habits, this worn down old man might have a decent half a chance at a big old muley. Dave

My goal is to get the big one that nobody could get last year. This buck has kickers all over the place. My husband and 2 friends went last year after I got my first one and seen him 3 times and each time they were in the truck with their guns hanging on the gun rack. The friend got the doe that the buck was hanging around with. That buck followed them with his girlfriend laying in the back of the truck until my husband was able to get his gun and raise it and then the deer took off right when he got him sighted in real good. They said this deer would put a 30 point to shame. His rack was huge and the base was bigger round than a beer can and he had kickers all over the place. So my goal is to get a wall hanger and have him mounted on my wall. I beat mt family last year and I want to do it again. :D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back