Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are your 2020 plans?

bear and deer here at hme in Pa, love archery bear and take a week off most yrs
september Idaho chasing bugles my buddies bailed due to up coming surgery talking with a friend about coming along didnt want to go solo but i just might 56 now 57 in few months havent done solo since my 30s either way it will be an adventure

Trying to get a plan figured out to hunt Antelope and Mule Deer in Wyoming! Going in with 0 preference points in either but going to try to get both tags! Looks like an achievable goal, at least for the antelope.

What will you be putting in for?
WY elk General for oldest boy
SD Wr deer for myself, middle boy and girl
Black hills deer
SD refuge

What else will you be hunting?
spring turkey
Coyotes
Paddlefish

Other outdoor trips?
Scouting trip around Jackson with the family. Hike into Bighorns again with boys.

MT
Deer and elk hopefully some limited entry tags and get my grandpa his first mule deer
WI
Whitetails and pheasants

Got my sheep hunt out of the way so now have time to strategize for 2020

archery buck antelope Wyoming, wait till 3rd weekend of rifle Oct 1ish when NOBODY else is out there and kill one peak rut...spot stalk or decoy(see ‘nobody’ above)

CO mountain lion early in 2020

rifle doe antelope WY end of Oct if I pull 2 tags.

Limited archery elk in Colo above 11,000 ft with my non res brother, we both have the points needed, 8 for me and 15 for him in a unit have hunted twice.

Archery deer, Colo during the rut in the eastern plains

Archery Mt. Goat CO

NM archery elk will be quite the bonus

Archery Coues AZ

Rifle antelope CO on a reissue tag

Archery CO cow moose. Eligible again, for a 4th moose tag and I am the luckiest guy in the moose draw every time that happens.

Help brother on his CO cow moose tag, he should be a shoe in as a nonres to draw.

Guide wife on her max points Colo moose hunt, rifle or smoke pole.

Desert sheep tour of the west with a bow, CO, NM, AZ, UT and NV. With 5 tags should be able to get a “Desert Slam” of 4 rams while pissing one of the tags down my leg doing something foolish.

Not expecting to win the CO statewide bighorn raffle tag but I have a great chance!

Tag along on a friends sheep hunt, whomever gets drawn. I now kinda have that little thing called a sheep addiction. Not sure where I picked that up...

Always find 3-4 “filler” hunts along the way via reissue tags and whatnot.

Last edited:
WY elk PP
WY Deer PP
WY antelope PP
MT bonus points
ND any deer archery
Idk probably some other stuff too.

Nebraska for spring turkey with a gun.
Archery deer and waterfowl here in MN, maybe a little pheasant hunting if my buddies with bird dogs have enough fun coupons from their wives saved up. Maybe I’ll bowhunt Nebraska again idk

Other outdoor trips?

Probz tryna get a few fishing trips in. Maybe Devils Lake in ND. My gf will probably wanna fly fish somewhere really cool which I wanna do as well but it’s not gonna be a fun convo talking about how it’s all gonna get paid for.

Things are finally starting to solidify. Still have the draw here in AK to get sorted out in the next couple days. For sure I'm sheep hunting with the wife, and then moose hunting with a buddy. Likely squeeze in a caribou hunt off the road, but I think my vacation and hunting budget will be blown after two fly out trips.

Just hoping to finish surviving 2019 and total knee replacement.
Thinking of putting in for moose than the usual elk and deer.

SD West River & East River deer
SD Speedgoats & PP for elk, sheep, and goat
WY Pronghorn type 1 & 6 & PP elk
CO OTC elk (still learning)
MT Speedgoats

As of now my plans are

Utah horseback wall tent elk hunt with my brother.

Montana Goat Application

Nevada Desert Sheep and Cali Bighorn applications.

North Carolina Limited entry waterfowl impoundment permit application.

Maine Moose application

Kentucky Elk application

Help my dad on a bear hunt in Virginia

Various small game day trips on local public land.

ID Trophy Species Application
ID Deer Unlimited CH Tag
ID Non-Res Leftover General Deer Tag
ID General Season Elk Tag
MT Deer
MT Antelope (PP)
WY Elk, Antelope, Deer (PP)
SD Deer (Points)
UT Deer, Elk, Antelope (Points)
CO Deer, Elk (PP)

OCT- ID deer hunt x 2
NOV- MT deer hunt and ID elk hunt

WY - very low-odds deer unit
WY - slightly low-odds elk unit (GEN tag if that doesn't pan out)
WY - sure-thing antelope unit
WY - Mt Goat
WY - moose & sheep PP
NV - elk, deer, sheep PP
AZ - elk, deer, sheep PP

Archery turkey season in Nebraska
Shotgun turkey season in NE/WY
Trying to get my fiancé her first big game harvest (WY antelope, archery elk in a perfect world)
Wyoming waterfowl
Nebraska late muzzleloader deer season

Other outdoor trips?
More backpacking fly fishing trips around home
Potentially a lot of scouting trips for deer and elk depending what I draw here in WY

Reactions: LCH
As of now my plans are

Utah horseback wall tent elk hunt with my brother.

Montana Goat Application

Nevada Desert Sheep and Cali Bighorn applications.

North Carolina Limited entry waterfowl impoundment permit application.

Maine Moose application

Kentucky Elk application

Help my dad on a bear hunt in Virginia

Various small game day trips on local public land.

No unlimited sheep?? I thought after last years scouting season that you would be coming out for sure.

No unlimited sheep?? I thought after last years scouting season that you would be coming out for sure.
I plan to in 2021. That way my plan all along. I had already planned the elk hunt ahead of time with my brother and those seasons are conflicting so I didn’t have any big plans this summer so I came out to scout and I plan to go on that elk hunt I had already booked and then go unlimited sheep hunting in 21 and till I kill one.

My confirmed plans are shaping up to something like this:
  • local whitetail
  • local spring and fall turkey hunts
  • local small game, grouse, waterfowl, and goose hunts
  • local ice fishing trips (lake trout, perch, walleye)
  • local offshore salmon fishing trip
  • offshore fishing trip in the Gulf Coast
I'll put in for the following, but likely won't get it as we have very limited opportunities:
  • local elk
I'm still debating on:
  • local semi-guided spring or fall black bear hunt (unfortunately I don't currently have the time to sort out setting up my own bait site, plus I'm a newbie, so I'm curious to learn from a semi-guided hunt)
  • western hunt (elk, mule deer, or antelope) - (I did an antelope hunt this past year - late season on a leftover tag and didn't get an animal but had a great time and would love to go back. I'm still trying to sort out if it's in the budget and we're hoping my wife might get pregnant and she'd be very pregnant when I'd have to go out, so not sure I will want to leave her)
And then I'll buy points for Wyoming and Montana, where I've been buying for a couple years. Undecided about if I should start getting points for other states.

Daughter who has not hunted in 15 years told me today that she wants to hunt this year. Asked her what she putting in for and she said whatever I put down. I told her that if I put her in I would have to pay for it. Her reply, "exactly."

I will put her and myself in for deer locally and oryx in Rhodes canyon. I will also put in for elk.

Turkeys in Tennessee, Vt., and NY. Walleyes on the St .Lawrence River in May, and northern Quebec in June. Canada geese along the St. Lawrence River in early September. Waterfowl in Saskatchewan late September/early October. Whitetails and Waterfowl in NY and Vt. October - December. Back to Wyoming in 2021 !!

Back