Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What are your 2020 plans?

Pucky Freak

What will you be putting in for?
WY elk PP
WY archery cow elk

What else will you be hunting?
IA: spring and fall turkey, archery and gun WT, squirrel, waterfowl, pheasant, dove

Other outdoor trips?
Family vacation to yellowstone + elk scouting
IA bass, panfish, and channel cats

NV - will apply for deer, sheep, antelope, goat and bull elk.
My daughter will apply for the same, except maybe points for bull elk, will have to sit on that for a moment. We will be hunting lions all winter.

I want another species or challenge. I have considered coues, or whitetail in general.

May apply for antelope in Wyoming if we dont draw that here. I am sitting on a lot of points.

This year was good to us with four tags, so that eliminated an out of state hunt. The year prior my daughter did a youth hunt in South Dakota.

Will probably hunt KS whitetail, CO elk and CO deer, in addition to Indiana. If I get real lucky in AZ, NM, or WY that may change.

If I draw an Emperor tag I'll go to Cold Bay, if not then Cape Cod for waterfowl in Dec.
If I draw a Gould's tag I'll do that in AZ in May, and Axis Deer in Hawaii in Feb. If I don't draw the Gould's tag I'll do the Axis in May.

Might do archery bear in the Sierras before it gets banned like the bobcats and mountain lions.

20140120_164824.jpg

Putting in for:
CO Archery Mule deer
CO Elk pp
CO Archery Bighorn (I wonder every year why bother but it’s fun to dream so I’ll probably keep doing this for the heck of it!)
WY Pronghorn

Louisiana Whitetail, hogs, ducks and turkey (on the home front)
TX whitetail
KS spring turkey
TN spring turkey (maybe)

Other outdoor trips:
Family vacay to the San Juans in Colorado, also a weekend backpack/fishing trip in Colorado.

I’ll hunt archery Nebraska whitetail and mule deer, archery antelope, spring/fall turkey, small game.

I will apply for:
AZ elk, deer
NM elk
WY elk, deer, antelope
CO elk, deer, antelope points only most likely
NV elk, deer, antelope if I can convince myself the larger expense is worth it.

CO:
Eastern plains late mule deer
Pronghorn pp
Elk, need to decide if i quit chasing mythical units and cash in

WY:
Deer pp
Pronghorn go for a tag

NM:
Pronghorn draw, someone has to draw, right?

I still have two more months to hunt big game so I’m not really thinking about 2020, but quick answer would be WY pronghorn, KS whitetail and probably an elk hunt with my son in CO. Plus Idaho critters....I want to do Sept elk with a bow in the high country.

Hoping to be able to hunt elk if I draw a CO or WY tag. Would also like to hunt WY pronghorn and bear if I can fit it in.

Back here in NZ I have entered rut ballots for tahr, deer and wapiti. I will also do regular hunting’s trips during the year.

Putting in for WY deer, elk, antelope, mnt goat, moose and maybe sheep.

Probably just hunt antelope, deer and elk. Its my oldest kids first year to hunt, so I will be focussed on that for sure!!

In 2020, I’m going to have to turn my late Kaibab rifle tag back in and use point guard so I can give my desert bighorn tag the time it deserves.

that’s the dream.
Reality is probably go to Alaska and help on a dall sheep hunt and then spend the rest of my vacation hiking through dog shit weather that resembles the inside of a mayonnaise jar at 10k feet in the Beartooth pretending that a ram might be within 10 miles of me.

Last edited:
WY elk/deer PP
WY pronghorn tag
MT pronghorn BP
MT deer PP
CO deer/elk/antelope PP
NH moose
KY elk
PA elk

PA deer/turkey/bear/pheasant
Hawaii Axis deer
ID archery elk

Other outdoor trips?
Maybe some southern ontario bass fishing

I will do more hunting with friends and family than most years, which will be fun. Will shoot for the moon on all WY species and run w/ generals otherwise.
I'm considering taking a chunk of time to try and rustle up a better class of general bull, but not sure I care enough or not. Problem is I have a fair bit of time off during hunting season but no time during scouting. Got 11 months to kick it around.

Last edited:
Hopefully Wyoming elk on a general tag if I can find a partner. Perhaps an antelope hunt with a friend if she passes hunter safety😜 Aren't they messing with draw dates next year so that everything comes out at the same time? That would definitely limit the choices.

WY elk, hopefully bull hunt with a good friend, or PP
WY prairie goat PP
SD prairie goat for the lady, PP for myself
SD Deer, rifle buck, bow buck, bow doe, muzzleloader buck, muzzleloader doe

SD pheasants, thinking maybe turkey in the spring to do something fun

Other outdoor trips?
Summer fishing trip to Alaska

Wyoming
Spring turkey
Antelope
Deer
Elk

Nebraska
Spring turkey

Iowa
Upland birds

New Mexico
possible Hail Mary for elk or Barbary sheep. It’s worked before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back