PEAX Equipment

What are you thankful for?

Hammsolo

Just thinking of how thankful I am. Yes, I have shiz in my life. This includes my knee, and finding out I need elbow surgery today. However, I am so thankful for my faith, family, friends, and more. I am thankful for finding this forum, and what it has provided me. Thanks for all of you that I put up with my dumbass on the daily. What are you thankful for?

Last edited:
I’m thankful for living in the state of Montana and all the hunting opportunity it provides. Including, but certainly not limited to, hunting antlered deer with a rifle during the rut pretty much anywhere in the state and being able to help ranchers and landowners keep elk at bay from the haystacks for 4 months of the year.

I too have problems. A reconstructed knee and two broken vertebrae in my neck and a cotton picker that won't run but I still have mrs. Leroy, and my little pooter. As long as I have them I'm doing pretty good. We also opened our own meat market last week which has been incredible so far

Attachments

• IMG_6410.jpg
    IMG_6410.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6505.jpg
    IMG_6505.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20211124-214437_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-214437_Chrome.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Twenty-four hours ago I was huffing and puffing up a slick, steep hillside in the dark while my dad and uncle worked the rope at the top because my dad had shot an elk in the bottom of the clearcut. I got to watch over his shoulder and blow my cow call at the right moment so it would stop for a broadside shot.

My dad is healthy, but his age starts with a 7, and he's been through two cancer treatments. There were a couple times where I noticed that he was looking for my help, and then of course, I was automatically appointed to drag the rope down to tie it on for the retrieval.

Tonight I'm thankful for the opportunity to be with my dad on a successful hunt. I spent today going through the motions of hunting, but I didn't need to kill one myself. I'm looking forward to more years hunting together, but the value of the present year keeps increasing.

QQ

I’m thankful for living in the state of Montana and all the hunting opportunity it provides. Including, but certainly not limited to, hunting antlered deer with a rifle during the rut pretty much anywhere in the state and being able to help ranchers and landowners keep elk at bay from the haystacks for 4 months of the year.
Definitely thankful for hunting opportunities. I’m praying to be thankful for wildlife biologists that lean on facts to provide us with healthy herds in the future.

I too have problems. A reconstructed knee and two broken vertebrae in my neck and a cotton picker but I still have mrs. Leroy, and my little pooter. As long as I have them I'm doing pretty good. We also opened our own meat market last week which has been incredible so far
Beautiful family Cowboy! Congrats on the market! Where are you located? How can we support you?

Thankful to live in this awesome country. Blessed with an amazing wife and 2 healthy kids. Stable job and income with enough to give back and help those in need. Oh and thankful for Montana for giving me one last week of hunting big game. I would also be very, very thankful for some honey holes in the Butte area😜

Thankful to live in this awesome country. Blessed with an amazing wife and 2 healthy kids. Stable job and income with enough to give back and help those in need. Oh and thankful for Montana for giving me one last week of hunting big game. I would also be very, very thankful for some honey holes in the Butte area😜
Thankful for Hamm59701, the best brother on the planet.

. . .for the warmth and closeness of my family during and since the passing of my parents. For the way life goes from dark toward light in due time. For the incredible depth of strength, compassion and sacrifice that is daily revealed through the lens of this challenging time. For another sunrise, another colorful autumn, each breath of life.

Mrs. Duds.

Pueblo chiles, Fred, Enzo and the other rescued Vizslas, the passion of HT contributors for our public land legacy, chasing elk w cameras, that my bad shoulder became my good shoulder, the bittersweet music of the artists lost this year, returning to ski teaching after a decade away, this banana belt microclimate, the bountiful harvest of active gratitude.
IMG_1219.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving, HT!

Family & freedom, freedom & family!

I awaken each morning and acknowledge, a new day is being created. Created by the way I expect it, think about it. Then it just happens. All good.
I give thanks and gratitude to all that matters to me. Then I go to work. Love what I have become.

Each night, I express gratitude for all the good in my life, including the mattress, pillow and sheets, that comfort my body in sleep. Love the expression "each day in every way, I become better and better" This positive affirmation will do no harm.

Couple of pictures, turkey day prep.

IMG_9802.jpgIMG_9812.JPGIMG_9806.jpgIMG_9804.jpgIMG_9813.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Im 58 and been a bachelor most of my life and met an amazing lady 8 yrs ago shes the best thing that even happened to me and I tell her every day. Lost Dad 25 yrs ago but Moms doing great at 86 picking her up today for dinner at my sisters
I get on a bended knee often for all the blessings I have been given and having a partner to share all the things life has to offer is way gooder lol

Let me count the ways -----

Family from grandparents to great grandchildren

friends from all around the world and every walk of life, including old friends who ask me to join Hunt/Talk and the new friends I have made since doing so.

America--warts and all, is still the greatest country in the world.

My travels to places like India, China, Africa, South America have always made me realize that my glass is not just half full, my cup runeth over

My faith. Outside of family I try not to push my faith onto others, but, I believe and therefore I thank the dear Lord daily for the blessings he has bestowed upon me and my family

And--I am grateful for the many simple things in my life. A sunrise/sunset, a grandchild asleep in my arms-----like Hank4Elk said---a warm fire, a cup of joe and a dog laying beside me, is a small slice of heaven.

Mr Armstrong may have said it best. It is a Wonderful World, and I am thankful for the opportunity to pass thru

Back