MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What are you guys paying for gas?

I expect the price will settle down by end of summer when everyone has finished their post pandemic rush to travel and spent their govt stimulus.

2C599B6B-AF88-48B1-B173-997D0EC9920E.jpeg
Over 3 bucks for diesel in Montana.Headed to Cody today, Cascade tomorrow and Colstrip on Wednesday. Gonna start adding a fuel surcharge to invoices when it hits 3.25.

Diesel here was $3.09 this morning :mad::mad::mad:. Not pointing fingers... but... been jumping up rather rapidly since the election
11/3/20 - gas - $1.51/gal, Diesel - $1.64/gal
3/8/21 - gas - $2.42/gal, Diesel - $2.65/gal

I have a spreadsheet with daily quotes back to 2010.

Houston area.
Seems like alot of the increases are being partially blamed on the winter storms in Texas. We utilize geotextile products ( resin, by product), our local supplier initially stated some increases were due to Covid. Then they directed the blame on Texas. 35% increase on some items since March 8th.

So how heavily invested in oil is the Biden family? I wish I could invest in something and had the power to drive prices to where I wanted them to be.

"Conservation may be a sign of personal virtue, but it is not a sufficient basis for a sound, comprehensive energy policy."

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like alot of the increases are being partially blamed on the winter storms in Texas. We utilize geotextile products ( resin, by product), our local supplier initially stated some increases were due to Covid. Then they directed the blame on Texas. 35% increase on some items since March 8th.
Yes sir.
It wasn't the "cold", per se, it's the cold that hung around for a freakin' week!
Had family in Fort Worth that spent 4 days without power in an all electric home. Temp inside dropped to 48°. NO alternate heat source.
Another family member went a full 7 days without power in Nacogdoches. They had a fire place, a small generator and "camped out" in their home but had to haul water.
I'm in south Texas. We got down to 15°. Couldn't get the house warmer than 61°.
Thank goodness, we had a fireplace and never lost power or water though the garden was a total loss! 😳!
Texas has had hard freezes in the past.
Dec 24, 1990, I went to work in Fort Worth, Texas with the temperature at -8°F.
We had water mains popping out of the ground all over town!
No big deal, it warmed up the next day.

ANY time oil and/or fuel prices are the subject, it's difficult NOT to have the conversation turn political. A HUGE percentage of "price per gallon" is state and federal "highway taxes".

Back