Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What are you guys paying for gas?

Inflation is a political cop-out, CPI have averaged 1.3ish % for last 10 years so vast majority of those price increases are from other taxes/sources. EVs pay some form of extra fee in 28 states now and seems like more coming soon. Worldwide we are likely within a few years of peak oil demand, geopolitical stuff has way more impact than ever before but states aint helping.. End of 2020 PA .77 tax pergallon, CA, .73 per and they were 2 worse i know of. Federal tax has been steady at .184 per gallon for years but allegedly thats being targeted to move to .25. Wait to AOC is Transportation Secretary....lol.
1615515472094.jpeg
Yeah gun to my head we don’t “peak” within my lifetime.

Presidents controlling gas prices 🙄.

I deliver propane in Wisconsin... we were at .73/gal through the summer.
During the cold snap 3 weeks ago, we got up to 2.23/gal. Sitting at 1.68/ gal now.
I want to say it's almost normal for prices to spike like they did when demand spikes. I mean, it was 20 below zero in north Texas so... kind of going to have a shortage.
I'm sure politics don't help either, we do see some panic buying of propane now too.

Politics for each different political party differs, Republicans like to be energy independent and likes to put money in American’s pocket’s

Democrats not so much, all there investments are over sea’s so they go the other route in making America completely dependent on other people... lol

Being completely sarcastic not trying to be that political guy, just pointing out some truth.
Matt

Politics for each different political party differs, Republicans like to be energy independent and likes to put money in American’s pocket’s

Democrats not so much, all there investments are over sea’s so they go the other route in making America completely dependent on other people... lol

Being completely sarcastic not trying to be that political guy, just pointing out some truth.
Matt
636AC3B0-9816-43E1-91FC-D1F5189F2B18.jpeg

I filled up yesterday in Southwest Florida at a 7/11 in my neighborhood at $2.83 for 87. Seems like a few weeks ago it was $2.32.

I suspect that the winter storm in Texas is the largest driver in the spike in prices.

Not sure why the link is titled this way,, but it is an article on the refinery woes in Texas

Texas has much of the refining capacity in the country. They suffered freeze ups that take time to repair. During my time in a refinery, we winterized units costing a non trivial amount of money in order to remain running. The refineries down south were not engineered to withstand the severe cold and power outages they got hammered with. They likely could have withstood the cold, if the electrical grid had stayed up.

Depending on how many pipes, pumps, etc suffered damage from ice damaging them, it is not just a matter of flipping a switch.

Kingsville, TX yesterday was 2.489/gal for 10% ethanol.
Diesel was 2.899/gal for their "10% bio diesel" bull feces!
Back home in OK, LPG hit 2.52/gal.
Unbelievable!
Last summer I called for a "load" (100 gallons) and it was .97/gal!
"Then fill 'er up!"

But wait the stimulus check boys will help with the rising cost of petroleum. It has nothing to do with Biden😉 saying he wants to end fracking off shore drilling and such. Oh yeah and the pipeline. Drink the cool aid and enjoy the 1400$

Do any of you have problems with the "10% ethanol" junk?
I've got an older gasoline truck. The ethanol runs through it like water through a sieve!
Some stations in OK still offer "no ethanol" gasoline. It's about a dime higher per gallon.
Through trial and error, we (the wife and me) have discovered that our truck runs poorly and gets ridiculously bad mileage with the ethanol, but the regular gas burns better, performs better and mileage increases tremendously!

Gas is 1.129$/L here today... As a reference, it was between 0.89-0.99$/L all year.

A-Paldtzd-KL.gif

Just had my propane tank filled before the price doubles on the 1st..............

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back