Caribou Gear Tarp

What are you guys paying for gas?

The Arabs aren't getting any of my money. I haven't driven my Jimmy since returning from Montana in early December. Reducing my carbon footprint and getting desperately needed exercise instead. The two mile hike to the grocery store is good for me and safer than taking the bus. COVID doesn't like -20 and wind. I can understand why.

I am glad Cali is leading the way, they deserve it.
I sympathize for a lot of normal people who live there though. I know how it is living here in Illinois.
Current price at the local Chevron is $4.67 for reg. Costco is $4.05. This summer is going to be a rough one.

Like nick87 said, there's a lot of us normal people in California, but we are outnumbered by the loonies in the big cities and coast. As more and more of the sane people leave California, it keeps getting worse and worse here. Our fuel tax is 51 cents and a proposal for another tax hike is on the table. You'd think our roads would be amazing... but you'd be wrong.

That's insane
Worse than insane. The AG rate for the same propane is $3.39. Suburban is the lowest of the scum. There's no laws against it either. Being how it's heating gas there's not even road taxes. They stuff it to people because they also have their rental tanks and your not allowed to have another supplier fill it! They also have it in their contract that you can't discuss the pricing with other customers nearby.

We also have "red fuel" delivered for our tractors. No road taxes etc. I understand that if you get caught using it on road it's an automatic 10k fine PLUS whatever mileage is on the vehicle they assume that red fuel has been used since it was new and back charge the tax rate times mileage as a fine too. I have a D5 I may use for my daily driver.

$3.73 for regular. I paid $4.40 for diesel. Thankfully that tank will last 2 months and I’ll just run the wheels off the company vehicle.

Central MN, regular 3.46. Wonder where it will out at. I hear all kinds of rumors that it will hit 5 bucks and then some say up to 7 bucks. SUCKS

The pricing in AK was always a head scratcher to me. They produce gazillion gallons of oil, give the permanent residents a yearly kickback, no sales tax in Anchorage, yet their pump prices are higher than CA. If I remember correctly, there's only 2 refineries in the state. Transportation is a big cost per gallon. California has no excuse except greed by the oil companies and corruption throughout the political system of both major parties.

The pricing in AK was always a head scratcher to me. They produce gazillion gallons of oil, give the permanent residents a yearly kickback, no sales tax in Anchorage, yet their pump prices are higher than CA. If I remember correctly, there's only 2 refineries in the state. Transportation is a big cost per gallon. California has no excuse except greed by the oil companies and corruption throughout the political system of both major parties.
It's not due to greedy oil companies. It's due to what you guys vote for.

It's not due to greedy oil companies. It's due to what you guys vote for.

True & false.
We get what we get. Have not seen a real difference in the 2 choices in 40+ years. They just wear different face paint some days.
They charge what ever they want and pass the cost on, regardless of profit margins. Because they can. They bought the votes.

True & false.
We get what we get. Have not seen a real difference in the 2 choices in 40+ years. They just wear different face paint some days.
They charge what ever they want and pass the cost on, regardless of profit margins. Because they can. They bought the votes.
Not true. The price difference is mostly due to additional taxes specific to California, that were put in place by the voters of California.

"California state gas taxes and fees are about 68 cents a gallon, compared to a national average of 39 cents, according to the American Petroleum Institute. California also levies taxes and carbon fees of roughly $1.35 a gallon on wholesale gasoline, a cost that gets passed on to consumers, Kloza said."

Last edited:
Why is it a head-scratcher lol you just explained it.

AK has huge oil taxes that they use to pay for just about everything.

Back