Yeti GOBOX Collection

What are you currently reloading?

While it's only a 3 round dataset. I think I'll keep it. Groups were right around .75. It's not an ultra precise rifle but it do. Stupid me didn't get a picture as I kept shooting that target my 280ai fouling loads

300WinMag 180gr Hammers over 79gr of RL26
View attachment 216331
Who needs a 300 RUM when you are getting this out of a WM? What is your overall cartridge length for this load? The wheels are turning and I am wondering if they would fit a Tikka magazine. I have lots of RL 26.

If you're working with a factory Tikka this load won't work since Tikkas have 1:11 twist. You'd need to use a their much lighter 160gr Hammer. H4350 will get you to 3400+

My OAL is 3.614". Yes that is very long. It is 30 thousandths off the lands of my rifle and just fits in my magazine. I double checked my measurements just now too.

Last edited:
If you're working with a factory Tikka this load won't work since Tikkas have 1:11 twist. You'd need to use a their much lighter 160gr Hammer. H4360 will get you to 3400+

My OAL is 3.614". Yes that is very long. It is 30 thousandths off the lands of my rifle and just fits in my magazine. I double checked my measurements just now too.
Got me wanting a 300 win mag to launch 166 or a 174 fast

Who needs a 300 RUM when you are getting this out of a WM? What is your overall cartridge length for this load? The wheels are turning and I am wondering if they would fit a Tikka magazine. I have lots of RL 26.
Because a RUM will push the 199 at 3400. My 181 load is only that, but I have a long way to go. Probly won't bother as it shoots well. If I was to step down with a different.30 though, it would be a. 300 Winchester shooting Hammers. The PRC and Nosler give zero advantage that I can see. mtmuley

Because a RUM will push the 199 at 3400. My 181 load is only that, but I have a long way to go. Probly won't bother as it shoots well. If I was to step down with a different.30 though, it would be a. 300 Winchester shooting Hammers. The PRC and Nosler give zero advantage that I can see. mtmuley
I was baiting you with my comment. 😀

I haven’t started working with the 199s in my 30 Nosler yet, but I am anticipating good results. I am loaded up for my third range trip with 230 Bergers (just waiting for a decent day with little wind) and then my next trip will be with 199 gr Hammers and RL 26.

I was baiting you with my comment. 😀

I haven’t started working with the 199s in my 30 Nosler yet, but I am anticipating good results. I am loaded up for my third range trip with 230 Bergers (just waiting for a decent day with little wind) and then my next trip will be with 199 gr Hammers and RL 26.
You got me. Brockel and his interest in the 174 makes sense. Once you can convince yourself that these lighter monos at warp speed are extremely deadly, it opens up a ton of possibilities. Steve originally cut the 196 because myself and another shooter hadn't been won over yet. I am now. I do think though that the 199 fast would be a reall killer. mtmuley

Yep and this is a bone stock Rem 700 AWR. Well it has a new trigger.

Got me wanting a 300 win mag to launch 166 or a 174 fast
I swear RL26 is magic. I'm just glad I have a lot of it. I'll cry whenever I run out. Though those lighter bullets 4350 is still king

Yep and this is a bone stock Rem 700 AWR. Well it has a new trigger.

I swear RL26 is magic. I'm just glad I have a lot of it. I'll cry whenever I run out. Though those lighter bullets 4350 is still king
Ive got lots of h4350. I liked rl26 velocities but it had some tough temp swings in a 6.5 Sherman I was using it in

To see what little bullets can do fast, get in the Hammer site and check out what a member that goes by farleg is doing. Pretty crazy. mtmuley

If you're working with a factory Tikka this load won't work since Tikkas have 1:11 twist. You'd need to use a their much lighter 160gr Hammer. H4350 will get you to 3400+

The factory twist for the 300 wm is actually 1:10. Idk why they don’t do that for the 308 and 30-06, but there ya go

The factory twist for the 300 wm is actually 1:10. Idk why they don’t do that for the 308 and 30-06, but there ya go

I believe it depends on the year of manufacture. Mine is stamped with the ratio.

Last edited:
Yesterday was 308 WIN in Lapua, 42 gr IMR 4064 and a 168 Sierra SMK
This weekend will be 155 Scenars or Nosler CC over Varget
Then on to my 6.5 CM loads... I love it.

A certain Hammer bullet ambassador (Hambassador?) traded me some bullets for brass - so I’m dipping my toe into the Hammer pool.

I’ve got samples of the 166, 181, and 199. Will try the 181 and 199 out of my .300 PRC and the 166 in my .30-06.

Shown with 210 Berger, 215 Berger, and 220 ELD-X for size comparison.
BF5B2FE4-8B9E-41A4-8A37-9CF94FE2D200.jpeg

Now that I got my 280AI and 300WinMag taken care of I have a couple more rifles that need unnecessary tinkering

7mmRemMag 160gr Partitions---I'm considering MagPro but man that stuff really weirds me out with its moody temp swings. The rifle doesn't get shot at all and doesn't even have a scope so I may just hold off.
7mm08 140 Etip---got new brass going to try SW Precision or 4166
6.5 CM 110 Hammers---SW Precision
6.5 Grendel 123SST---4198, 8208, or CFE223..this rifle is absolute garbage Bear Creek Arsenal rifle. If it continues to group like I'm shoot buckshot then it'll get either a new barrel or a new home

12gauge Trophy Copper slugs---heavy charge of Longshot with a couple compression wads. These are available from BPI with load data since slugs seem to be nonexistent.

Think I found a load for my new to me Tikka T3 Varmint 223.
IMR 4064
CCI 450
77gr Sierra Match Kings
Avg 2645fps

Originally I used Federal brass, but also had some once shot Hornady, so decided to work that up as well to see if the same charge would work. Two targets below, 10 shot group with the Federal ~1.3" and 3 shot test group with Hornady ~.3. I'm still very new to reloading but that's definitely my best shooting load I've had in a rifle. This was shooting on a bench with bipod and rear sand bag.

Goal for this rifle is mainly a "trainer" but also varmint hunting. Looking forward to putting quite a few rounds down range this summer with this combo.

IMG_1141.JPEG
IMG_1143.JPEG

6.5 Grendel 123SST---4198, 8208, or CFE223..this rifle is absolute garbage Bear Creek Arsenal rifle. If it continues to group like I'm shoot buckshot then it'll get either a new barrel or a new home
I have a BCA 6.5G upper, as well. “Problematic” would be a kind way to describe the start of our relationship. But after sending the first one back in and waiting months to get the replacement, I got tired of dealing with BCA and started doing some polishing and fitting myself. Functions correctly now, and shoots acceptably well for a bargain basement upper mainly used for kids’ deer hunting at 150yd and in.

1-1.5moa using 123 SSTs and H4895 or Benchmark. Also use 129 Hornady Interlocks and Tac. 8208 is supposed to be really good for the Grrr.

I have a BCA 6.5G upper, as well. “Problematic” would be a kind way to describe the start of our relationship. But after sending the first one back in and waiting months to get the replacement, I got tired of dealing with BCA and started doing some polishing and fitting myself. Functions correctly now and shoots acceptably well for a bargain basement upper mainly used for kids’ deer hunting at 150yd and in.

1-1.5moa using 123 SSTs and H4895 or Benchmark. Also use 129 Hornady Interlocks and Tac. 8208 is supposed to be really good for the Grrr.
They had me a new upper sent me in just over a week of them receiving. The new upper wouldn't cycle properly, and I discovered gas block wasn't completely attached. The new adjustable gas block arrived yesterday, but whomever built this rifle must have used a pry bar to tighten the muzzle brake, and now I need to borrow some vise blocks from a friend.

My goal now is to get it to hit better than a shotgun pattern. If not, then a new barrel will get put on it next winter.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back