What are you currently reloading?

VikingsGuy

To steal the title from a longstanding HT thread (What are you currently reading), thought it would be interesting to hear now and then what HTNation is working on in the reloading room.

For myself, my first priority is to work up a load for my new build - 18" suppressed 7x57AI. The second is finally getting to a load for my Bergara Premier 280AI. Going to look at 140gn TTSX, LRX and Absolute Hammers for both.

Other projects dancing around in my head - starting to load for pistol 9mm, 10mm, & .357mag; starting to load for shotgun and doing the perfect load for my new 12ga Greener English double; really dialing in my load for my 6mmBR Norma for 600y matches.

To steal the title from a longstanding HT thread (What are you currently reading), thought it would be interesting to hear now and then what HTNation is working on in the reloading room.

For myself, my first priority is to work up a load for my new build - 18" suppressed 7x57AI. The second is finally getting to a load for my Bergara Premier 280AI. Going to look at 140gn TTSX, LRX and Absolute Hammers for both.

Other projects dancing around in my head - starting to load for pistol 9mm, 10mm, & .357mag; starting to load for shotgun and doing the perfect load for my new 12ga Greener English double; really dialing in my load for my 6mmBR Norma for 600y matches.
I’ve a box of .45/70 prepped waiting for me on the bench. My dies arrived from Midway for my new.257 Roberts and then some more 06 or .338 Jarrett in the next week.
Just put the dogs out, haven’t had my coffee yet, more to follow

.300 win mag, 181 grn shock hammers, 76 grains of 7828

Probably could go hotter but that loaded grouped well and so I called it good. Need to load a bit more as that rifle has a lot of hunts this fall. It's headed up to AK for caribou, sheep, moose, and then getting loaned out for a bison hunt :)

Currently working on developing a load for my .300 PRC with 215 gr. Berger Hybrids. Also loaded up 50 .30-30 with 165 gr. FTX last week for some fun plinking, and some 325 gr. flat nose lead bullets for my .45-70 over 52 grains of IMR 3031 just in case for spring bear.

Need to get going on the .44 mag soon. Probably try and work up a practice/reduced recoil load, but I don’t have any appropriate pistol powder… so it’s waiting in the wings.

300WinMag and 180 Hammers and 208 ELD-Ms with RL26...changed over to Peterson Long Brass and still haven't settled on a load. Initial testing suggests I can get to and possibly top 3250fps. This rifle is heading to POW in 2 months so I need to get on this so I can confirm drops.

280AI new Peterson brass...going to stick with the 143 Hammers and try both RL23 and RL26. Somehow I misplaced an entire box of Hammer bullets. I'm losing my mind and have torn apart my house in the search

4570 with 276 Hammers & IMR4198...planned to carry while moose hunting but I struggled with load development. Need to up my charge weight as I'm only getting 2200fps.

30-30 with powder coated hard cast 170gr flat nose...going to start taking up casting bullets again and have a toaster oven to bake on powder coating. Need to pick a color for powder coating.

6.5 Grendel with 123 SST and 99gr Hammers...upper overgassed and causing all sorts of problems so in holding pattern. Using CFE223 because I have tons of the stuff

30-06 and 180gr Accubonds...for a friend he is searching for his own powder and brass

I'm starting load development for my 280 AI carbon build. Looking at 120 TTSX and Hammer Hunters going very fast. 140 TTSX, 143 HH, and 145 LRX still going fast. 155 and 169 HH going fast enough.
Probably will find a load with Ballistic Tips too. Powder recommendations are always welcome.

I'm also loading for 25-06 in fast twist still, too. I have loads for 100 and 115gr Ballistic Tips, 115 Partitions, 117 SST, 115 Shock Hammers, 121 Hammer Hunters, and I'm going to start loading the 125 Hammer Hunters as soon as they get here.

30-30 still gets love, but it's with 160gr FTX and LeverEvolution powder.

And finally, 45 colt with 250 XTP and cast lead bullets

Currently working on developing a load for my .300 PRC with 215 gr. Berger Hybrids. Also loaded up 50 .30-30 with 165 gr. FTX last week for some fun plinking, and some 325 gr. flat nose lead bullets for my .45-70 over 52 grains of IMR 3031 just in case for spring bear.

Need to get going on the .44 mag soon. Probably try and work up a practice/reduced recoil load, but I don’t have any appropriate pistol powder… so it’s waiting in the wings.
Ya know I wouldn't own a 44mag, simply to much recoil for me. But a friend had a mod 29 up in Montana years ago and for fooling around loaded it with cast bullets. Really did like shooting it with cast. He got me going in cast bullet's and about all I've shot for the last 50 yrs in handguns is cast bullet's. They really really tamed the 44 mag down to where I could shoot it. And anything well hit with a cast 44 mag bullet is gonna die! But over the years I've grown a bit tighter and wouldn't start a 44 cast gun now. Lead getting to hard to find and even though I dig out lead I shoot into dirt banks, those bigger bullets require more lead. have second thoughts about using it in a 308 also. But now I have enough stocked up to last me the rest of my life unless I get crazy!

I would think that lead bullets for that 30-30 would be super! That is of course if you can find free lead. Free lead really rings a bell in me. Found a guy on a fishing site wanting to sell old sinker's and checked it out to find out how much he wanted per pound, to much. Seems like the stuff has turned to gold!

Have my .308 dialed in, so no development of new loads necessary.
Always playing around with bullet/powder combos in the .223 rem. Trying to get consistent 1/2 MOA round, but feel that the loose screw behind the stock might keep that from happening.
Working up a spring bear load for my 338-06. 185 and 210 Barnes TTSX bullets over a variety of Powders. So far the 185's over IMR 4064 is the winner.

In last couple weeks:
-44 mag 240jhp/h110 hunt loads
-.223 50vmax/cfe223 varmit loads (dillion)
-45 acp banger ammo fmjs/titegroup (dillion)

Up next:
- add a 230 berger hybrid/n570 load for the Norma Imp.
- work up new load of 150interlocks/h4350 for my ULW 30-06.

This summer have bunch of hunt loads to reload but all load workup is done.

Last edited:
Still quite new to reloading, but am starting to get more time on the bench with the garage warming up.

So far have loads for these two.
6mm Rem IMR 4350 80gr hammer hunters
264WM IMR 4831 121gr HH

Waiting on my barrel to get done for my 7SAUM and just grabbed some dies for 223rem for a Tikka T3 varmint I just picked up.

I'm going through a bit of a reset with some newer rifles and switching some optics around. Also trying out Hammer Hunters along with TTSX with the move towards monos
  • 280 AI with 143 Hammer Hunters and 162 ELD-X ELD-Ms pushed by RL 23 or RL 26
  • 6.5 PRC with 124 Hammers with RL 23
  • 7mm-08 140/150 TTSX with RL 15
  • 6.5 CM -this was always 130 Accubonds with Varget until I ran out of accubonds. Now looking at target only A-max with Varget
I believe I have a deal on 8 pounds of RL 26, which will make reloading a lot easier. Will find out tomorrow

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back