What are you currently reloading?

Nothing unfortunately.
I had a buddy who loaded for me & I trusted. He died working up a new load for my -06 12 years ago and it took 2 years to get my brass back.
Been waiting for my bro to send me the -06 set up my uncle gave me. Also 12 years ago.

I was resigned to just buying factory ammo and now that is as rare as bullets, powder & primers.

Lately…
-9mm, unique, 124 rn
-30-06 (Tikka T3), I4350, 165 NAB
-6.5 Grendel (AR), H4895, 123 SST
-6.5 Grendel (Howa Mini), Tac, 129 Hornady Interlock ; H4895, 129 NABLR ; RL7, 85gr Sierra Varminter

-Been fighting through load development on my .270 Win (Savage 116 w/new 24” Criterion sporter). Found that it doesn’t like Fed 210 primers, so kinda starting over. I was being stubborn and trying to make it like something that it didn’t like due to component shortages, and ended up wasting a bunch of components instead.

Just got custom 280AI back from smith so will start working up loads with 140 gr Absolute Hammers. Next one coming off the line from the Smith is a 338 Mega (Sherman) and will start that one with a 250 gr Badlands Super Bulldozer2

The realization that I shoot some pretty boring shit. I was raised to be ultra practical… 22 (pistol rifles), 40 S&W, 6.5 cm, 300 wm, and 12 ga. Everyone was purchased for a specific reason, and no more. Fack, I’m lame. Time to talk to my wonderful wife about my need for a moose and up gun! She believes they’re an investment. Why don’t I buy more…? 🧐

The realization that I shoot some pretty boring shit. I was raised to be ultra practical… 22 (pistol rifles), 40 S&W, 6.5 cm, 300 wm, and 12 ga. Everyone was purchased for a specific reason, and no more. Fack, I’m lame. Time to talk to my wonderful wife about my need for a moose and up gun! She believes they’re an investment. Why don’t I buy more…? 🧐
You need a lever gun obsession. I'll sell you mine, cheap. Bargain at twice the price.

Being new to reloading and finding powder/primers/etc tough, I have managed to get my hands on some Staball 6.5 and found some load data for 120gr TTSX with that for 7mm-08. I was able to get my hands on CCI #200 primers. We have 3 7mm-08 rifles in the house so hopefully I can find a load that works in one of them. I still plan on getting some 131gr Hammer Hunters and when I can beat the masses to it, some Varget and magnum primers. Money is tight with fuel being so high and I drive between Reno and Vegas for work occasionally. Damn inflation screwing with my hobbies.

Finishing up 180AB in the 300wsm. Just gotta get enough velocities for a cds dial on the scope. Then working on where my 257wby seeing where it likes torque on the new stock. I think I may have to look into getting into some new cartridge that will like rl-26 or h1000.

Finishing up 180AB in the 300wsm. Just gotta get enough velocities for a cds dial on the scope. Then working on where my 257wby seeing where it likes torque on the new stock. I think I may have to look into getting into some new cartridge that will like rl-26 or h1000.
Because you have an overabundance of both R-26 and H1000???

My 8mm RM LOVES R-26 and 220 series 3100 fps+.
We can almost never get it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back