Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What are you currently reading?

Just finished this, and pretty heart-wrenching. I have long been a fan of Paulsen's work, and he has alluded to some of the experiences he had as a child that led him to write books like Hatchet, but this is the full story, at least as full as we will get. Makes you count your blessings.

1692376781299.png

Doing some rearranging, and ran across this book, which I read a long time ago. A bit timely, re the "Rich Men" phase. A collection of songs and pictures from the Dust Bowl days.

Attachments

• Dust Bowl.jpg
    Dust Bowl.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in a few months to celebrate her birthday. I realized I know shockingly little about Pearl Harbor, so I'm hoping to correct that before visiting. The field guide is because I constantly wonder what kinds of birds I am seeing when traveling.

20230827_142956.jpg

Quit my first audiobook. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

Terrible gibberish is all I can say.

On to East of Eden by Steinbeck, already immeasurably better.

Also, just finished Dancing at the Rascal Fair by Doig. Not quite as great as I hoped based on @BackofBeyond gushing reviews, and I don't like sad... I'm a sissy that way. But still a very good book that I'll read again. And will also look into his other books.

Lastly got Mouthful of Feathers finally. Started it on my very unsuccessful bear hunt this weekend. So far great writing except for the Busse story, that dude is so arrogant...

Quit my first audiobook. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner.

Terrible gibberish is all I can say.
Definitely tough to follow. Bailed after the first couple chapters.

I re-read Last Stand by Punke a little while ago. Like A Sand County Almanac, it puts conservation struggles into perspective.

I also wanted to revisit the Edgar Howell parts.

Definitely tough to follow. Bailed after the first couple chapters.

I re-read Last Stand by Punke a little while ago. Like A Sand County Almanac, it puts conservation struggles into perspective.

I also wanted to revisit the Edgar Howell parts.
Last Stand is good, Ridgeline is another good one from Punke if you like the historical fiction stuff

Last Stand is good, Ridgeline is another good one from Punke if you like the historical fiction stuff
After seeing American Horse's war club (allegedly used to kill Fetterman) at the national museum of the american indian, I've always been intrigued by that battle. I let my copy of Ridgeline get chewed by a mouse, and then spilled coffee on it at elk camp last year. Need a new copy. It's historical fiction though, right?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in a few months to celebrate her birthday. I realized I know shockingly little about Pearl Harbor, so I'm hoping to correct that before visiting. The field guide is because I constantly wonder what kinds of birds I am seeing when traveling.

View attachment 289730

Just watch the Pearl Harbor movie , it’ll save ya some hours 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back