What are you currently reading?

Also, just finished Dancing at the Rascal Fair by Doig. Not quite as great as I hoped based on @BackofBeyond gushing reviews, and I don't like sad... I'm a sissy that way. But still a very good book that I'll read again. And will also look into his other books.
If you like Doig, and I do, you might have missed "Sea Runners" which is completely unrelated to the Montana trilogy or anything about Montana. It's a superb historical novel.

It's entertaining Wally, never dull...long listen, goes quick. Let me what you think if you do one.
Thanks. I downloaded book one. I'll let you know how it goes with me.
I listen when I'm at camp getting dinner and prepping for the next days hunt. I take my Kindle but don't spend much time with it because I have to stop to read. Audio is much easier, especially with Bluetooth earsets.
Thanks again.

I’m about 3/4 through The Guardian by Joshua Hood, he also has a couple other that are free to audible subscribers. Pretty good, reminiscent of Jack Carr as he was also in the military and provides that extra level of detail.

Everything is F ucked, a Book about Hope.
Mark Manson

Get the audio version if you can. Listen twice.

What's it about and why listen twice?

What’s it about?
Hope, self awareness, reasoning, consciousness and our humanity.

Why listen twice?
There is a lot of take in. I think to get the most out of it the first listen should be focused on realization, understandings and awareness. The second listen on application and how it we turn self introspections into action

I have read all the Mitch Rapp and Scott Harvath books. Good easy reads.
Mitch Rapp, Scot Harvath, Will Robie ,and James Reese all very similar.

While a little different, you may also like John Raine, Arliss Cutter, Jericho Quinn, and Gabriel Alon series.

I really wanted to love this book, as I love the original e-book.
1695138195848.png
But it just wasn't all that great, some of the essays were very good, but in total the collection left me wanting more. I felt they tried to be too inclusive of other authors, voices, and stories, and didn't give enough weight to the quality of the writing and the uniqueness of the story. Two stories I literally skimmed they were so boring.

I'm reading All the Pretty Horses right now, it's not too bad...
Read that on my recent high buck hunt. My wife claims I read it before but it felt new to me. Excellent story, I expected more death and was pleasantly surprised how the story ended.

A few weeks ago I realized that though I had heard the name Jacques Cousteau dozens of times in my life, but I knew nothing about him. Wikipedia normally takes care of these realizations, but instead I ordered this book and enjoyed it. The other one was an impulse buy at a flea market.My dad was and is a sci-fi enthusiast from the middle of the 20th century, and I read I Am Legend probably 30 years ago. It was fun to pick it up again. And yeah, that's dog hair all over the comforter. Our lab sleeps in our bed.

IMG_5905.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back