Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What are you currently reading?

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Tenth Legion by Col. Tom Kelly

It's nice to be reading some stuff that wasnt assigned.
Hit a wall reading meditations so I've put it down for right now. Replaced with Augustine's Confessions for my serious reading. Almost done thoroughly enjoying Tenth Legion as well.

Finished Rinella’s American Buffalo. Really enjoyed it.
Before that, Why Fish Don’t Exist by Lulu Miller.

Now in desperate need of another.

I liked to use the Fantastic Fiction website to make sure I go in order on books that are part of a series.

Yeah I try to do that myself but unfortunately at times the availability somewhat circumvents the desired order, happened to me a lot in the CJ Box series (popular) and also in the Wilbur Smith (old editions) books I liked to read.

Edit due to two fingers of Bulleit.....

Last edited:
About 2/3 the way through this book, kinda slow but a true story that Happened here locally years back
14A1CA45-93DB-47A4-8D12-F276B286C9F0.jpeg

After that I’ll probably see what Mr. Pickett has been up to...

B5FA180D-4F97-4431-B86B-D230B9D18CAB.jpeg

Then it will be back to digging out some more old maps and doing some
e-scouting to see if I can help a couple of brothers out on their (our) elk hunt in Idaho this fall

The Bill Hodges trilogy by Stephen King. No spoilers - books one and three are pretty good; two didn’t really hit the mark for me. Interested in what others think.

Now I’m going to pick The Room Where it Happened back up and try for the third time to get into it. Anybody else find the writing fairly dry?

Terminal List by Jack Carr just came in the mail. 'Twill be my beach chair reading next week. I have listened to a couple of podcasts with the author and am really looking forward to see if I enjoy the book as much as I do listening to his stories.

I love that this thread exists. I’m an avid reader. I really enjoy Stephen King books, and am a little over halfway through “Hearts in Atlantis”.
My main goal at the beginning of the NYS quarantine was to read “The Stand”. Turned out I had more than enough time for that behemoth.

Attachments

• 578B3518-206A-4B8B-9CF2-57A2BD356E26.gif
    578B3518-206A-4B8B-9CF2-57A2BD356E26.gif
    168.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 90F2B582-7228-4AED-8100-51C54FF3C562.jpeg
    90F2B582-7228-4AED-8100-51C54FF3C562.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
About 2/3 the way through this book, kinda slow but a true story that Happened here locally years back
View attachment 148720

View attachment 148721

e-scouting to see if I can help a couple of brothers out on their (our) elk hunt in Idaho this fall
View attachment 148720

View attachment 148721

I love CJ Box! I haven’t read him in several years. I need to get back into the Joe Pickett series.

I love CJ Box! I haven’t read him in several years. I need to get back into the Joe Pickett series.

Right? I take a break, change authors and story lines, and then find myself wandering back and plowing through about three Picketts in a week lol... just something about that easy reading cadence that you can almost image being there.👍🏻

Just started Alaska's Wolf Man: The 1915-55 Wilderness Adventures of Frank Glaser by Jim Reardon. Early into it but it is a fascinating book so far, and well written.

After catching Hal Herring's interview with Malcolm Brooks on BHA's Podcast and Blast, I just finished his debut novel, Painted Horses. Highly recommend.

Finished the Adventurer's Son last week. Read a fun, fast paced fiction this past weekend, Trained to Hunt by Simon Gervais; reminds me of the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn. Next up is Sam Houston and the Alamo Avengers.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back