What are you currently reading?

Copied my post (#201) down below from this thread regarding my brothers book.

Covid prevented him from doing a full book tour to promote it in the US. And the travel ban had him postpone the documentary that was planned to be shot this May. He was as to tour the historic sites and discussed the major advancements in medicine.

Today marks the release of his book in Europe, Australia and India.

B7A82062-B700-4219-A017-C5D0C6D96F28.png

If you want a great book read death in the long grass. It’s a book about a professional hunter in Africa.

Finished James Lee Burke's "Private Cathedral"....if you're familiar with his Robicheaux works, and like them, this one'll work.

The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America by Timothy Egan.

Picked it up for $3 at a thrift store, seems timely since I can’t see the mountains because of the smoke.

Had a camp fire in the back yard Saturday and read "Johnathan Livingston Seagull" to my grand dauther, 8. A short read, great message!
I bet she’ll tell her kids this......this experience will stick with her, she might not know it now.

Picked it up for $3 at a thrift store, seems timely since I can’t see the mountains because of the smoke.

Loved that book. Such good history presented in such an engaging way.

I'm slowly working on Coyote America. It's been bouncing around with me since Christmas.

I also just started Mark Kenyons Wild Wild Country on that newfangled Kindle thing.

That's a good one, but a better book about the same subject is "Year of the Fires" by Stephen Pyne if you ever stumble across it.

I just read "In a Dark Wood" by Alston Chase, fascinating book although a bit heavy at times.

That's a good one, but a better book about the same subject is "Year of the Fires" by Stephen Pyne if you ever stumble across it.

I just read "In a Dark Wood" by Alston Chase, fascinating book although a bit heavy at times.
I’ll keep an eye out for it. Thx!

Louis L'amour's Last of the Breed, Shephen Hunter's Game of Snipers, and Robert Raurk's The Old Man and the Boy
“Last of the breed” has to be my favorite book of all times to read. I think I’ve read it somewhere north of 10 times. Old man and the boy ranks up there too.

Louis L'amour's Last of the Breed, Shephen Hunter's Game of Snipers, and Robert Raurk's The Old Man and the Boy
Since you are reading Old man and the boy you might find this interesting. This is the actual house Robert lived in with his grandparents in that book. My wife and I stopped to see it while on vacation back in June in coastal NC. Also the last picture is the remains current remodeled version of the bench that he sat on with his grandfather. CE917DF3-C8AE-4700-B312-F4995A4A59E8.jpeg2D1B2F3B-338C-4952-84DF-051B47785260.jpeg174EC17A-FDCB-47FB-9280-374939518851.jpeg

“The Ultimate Guide to Black Bear Hunting” by Douglas Boze. Got my copy today and I’m looking forward to reading it, probably several times.

Just finished American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon by Steven Rinella. GREAT book! Currently getting into Boone: A Biography by Robert Morgan, an exhaustive...and fascinating...bio on Daniel Boone.

Just finished the latest installment of Amos Decker series by Baldacci, Walk the Wire. What a total incoherent mess. Have liked the earlier installments but this was complete illogical garbage. It essentially had 4 unrelated plots that worked poorly together and each had a magic inexplicable solution of its own.

Just finished the latest installment of Amos Decker series by Baldacci, Walk the Wire. What a total incoherent mess. Have liked the earlier installments but this was complete illogical garbage. It essentially had 4 unrelated plots that worked poorly together and each had a magic inexplicable solution of its own.

...much like Preston & Child's Pendergast installments

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back