Caribou Gear Tarp

What are you currently reading?

Anything by Steven Rinella or Remi Warren.... These guys have a passion for the outdoors and wildlife.

Just picked up a copy of The Revenant after hearing the author on Rinella's podcast. The movie kind of left we with a bad taste in my mouth so excited to get a more realistic account of Glass's life.

Sea Stories, Admiral William McRaven USN Retired, served 37 years as a SEAL

The Broker, John Gresham, fun reading for pure entertainment reasons

The Final Frontiersman. When I start to look forward to winter, for some reason I like to read and watch shows about places with MUCH harsher winters than what I have to deal with!

Attachments

• FA8E396E-026F-4EC5-B70C-594C5E933D08.jpeg
    FA8E396E-026F-4EC5-B70C-594C5E933D08.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Finally finished GD Moby Dick. Did you know that in a book that is 604 pages (my copy) old Mody Dick doesn't actually appear in the story until page 578? 550 page on whaling and odd metaphors and 30 pages where a whale attacks a boat and kills almost everyone. Sure seems like the editor failed on that one.

On to That Wild Country by Kenyon; surprisingly good.

Finally finished GD Moby Dick. Did you know that in a book that is 604 pages (my copy) old Mody Dick doesn't actually appear in the story until page 578? 550 page on whaling and odd metaphors and 30 pages where a whale attacks a boat and kills almost everyone. Sure seems like the editor failed on that one.

On to That Wild Country by Kenyon; surprisingly good.
I remember our HS English teacher dissecting Moby....like golf and bowling, I was damn good at both til they told me how to do it correctly.

Last edited:
Re-reading "They Shoot Canoes, Don't They?" By Patrick McManus My nephew mentioned one of the other books so I decided to dig this classic off the shelf.

Just finished Rinella's "Adventures from the life of an american hunter" it's a good easy/read with lots of good little hunting stories. I had already read his American Buffalo book but if you plan to read that one, "the adventures" book is a good preview of his hunting journey growing up.

On my list to read next are The Revenant and Lonesome Dove.

Last edited:
Back