• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

What are you currently reading?

wa_archer

The Old Man and the Boy by Robert Ruark. Just finished the first chapter the other night and very much looking forward to reading more. I too am not an avid reader, but am trying to become one.
I listened to this on audible, great story really enjoyed it.

Trial153

The Last of the Mohicans, J. F. Cooper.

I read this about 20 years ago while I was freshmen in college and just gotten around to rereading it.

Slow Roper

Also, True Grit by Clinton Portis, and Campfire Tales by John Taffin. Both are great, but True Grit is fantastic. Highly recommended.

AlaskaHunter

Five Skies by Ron Carlson is a fictional story that captures the essence of western landscapes and people.
Opening paragraph:
"It was a cold May in all of Idaho, and as the month began there were only a few short
stacks of lumber and construction gear on the plateau above the remote river gorge,
along with all the game trails and manifold signs of rabbits, who were native to the place
and who now moved cautiously around the three men sleeping on the ground.
The first time Arthur Key saw the plateau at the far edge of the ranch called Rio Difficulto,
he was lying in a sleeping bag in the frigid open air at dawn, or a little before it, in the
deep gray light through so many creatures jostled in the sage. He was a big man and had
slept in rough sections, shouldering the oversized sleeping bag up over his right arm
and then his left by turns."

jbseamus83

I'm reading 2 different books right now.

- Wild Men, Wild Alaska
- A Hunter's Heart: Short Essays on Blood Sport

A Hunter's Heart will really make you think and contemplate. I just started the other, but it was highly recommended to me.

Birddog916

I've been ploughing through a lot of Jim Harrison's work of late and just finished "A good day to die". I was hilariously tragic and kept me on the edge of my seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared mirag