Votes: 42 22.0%
  • 50's

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • 60+

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Still Hammering

Votes: 73 38.2%

• Total voters
I've noticed most all of the people I assume to be millionaires never talk about it.
There has to be a balance between working towards life long goals and living for the day.
I started a Target Retirement Roth for a nephew. In 12 years he never contributed a cent to it. Lost all the info to the account. Unknown to me he drank a 12 pack a night along with a cigarette and alcohol habit. Every time he gets a raise it just means more money to blow. He's a good kid but I give up on helping him.

Absolutely.

but for every person that didn't that makes 250k there are far more than 1000 that won't break 80k.

A top 1% college grad makes $470k a top 1% HS grad makes $200,006

View attachment 317121

View attachment 317119

View attachment 317120

Man, I'm underperforming...

That's because you gave them bad advice in my opinion.

$600 a month now may make it seem impossible. Best advice is to just make sure they're paying themselves something, even if it's $300 a month now. As their earnings increase over time, they can start increasing the amount. Down the road $2000 a month may not be a problem.

Goals that have to make you miserable the whole way there, aren't worth achieving.

It would suck to wake up at 60 having not enjoyed your life to reach a financial goal.

There has to be balance or it's not worth it.
Woah! I agree with you 100% on this Buzz.

Life is short. Enjoy it along the way. No sense in saving all your money for retirement when you're too old to really get out and enjoy it. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Could I buckle down, live like a poor college student for 5 years and pay off my house? I certainly could, but I'm never going to be healthier than I am right now, I'm never going to have more free time, and I'm never going to regret the adventures I've had along the way.

Woah! I agree with you 100% on this Buzz.

Life is short. Enjoy it along the way. No sense in saving all your money for retirement when you're too old to really get out and enjoy it. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Could I buckle down, live like a poor college student for 5 years and pay off my house? I certainly could, but I'm never going to be healthier than I am right now, I'm never going to have more free time, and I'm never going to regret the adventures I've had along the way.
It’s not really about living like a poor person, it’s about balance. Most financial planners recommend somewhere between 10-15% for retirement. A lot of budgets have that much wiggle room but it’s being eaten up by decisions we have to make (excessive food, travel, car payments, housing, alcohol, tobacco, sports, etc.). It’s all about organizing priorities and learning to tell yourself “no” about something so you can say “yes” to what you actually deem important.

It’s not really about living like a poor person, it’s about balance. Most financial planners recommend somewhere between 10-15% for retirement. A lot of budgets have that much wiggle room but it’s being eaten up by decisions we have to make (excessive food, travel, car payments, housing, alcohol, tobacco, sports, etc.). It’s all about organizing priorities and learning to tell yourself “no” about something so you can say “yes” to what you actually deem important.
I'll never sacrifice my avocado toast.

I'd argue most disposable income is going to pay for yesterday's fun.
The nation has a credit card problem with 1.3 trillion in debt and an average interest payment of 22% of that! Mostly on the lowest income earners.

I'd argue most disposable income is going to pay for yesterday's fun.
The nation has a credit card problem with 1.3 trillion in debt and an average interest payment of 22% of that! Mostly on the lowest income earners.
I’d agree but every time anybody brings up credit cards everybody says they pay off their balance every single month and only use them for the cash back…

I’d agree but every time anybody brings up credit cards everybody says they pay off their balance every single month and only use them for the cash back…
Well lets be honest, I think most people who are in credit card debt don't really want to brag about it.

But those of us who just capitalize on them, definitely like to talk about how much cash back we've gotten from them! Self control is a priceless thing to have.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back