Caribou Gear

Well There Goes Idaho

FWIW I find these types of threads very interesting. I hope to hunt Idaho this year and getting people’s views on what’s happening on the ground makes a hunt trip even better.
Ask rural folks if wolves are liberal Californian’s attempt to end all hunting. 😁 Better yet walk into a country bar and loudly announce that you think anyone who believes wolves don’t belong in Idaho is a hick and an idiot. 😂

You won’t have to ever buy another round for yourself in that bar.😉

Damn, Gerald. That info is akin to sharing favorite fishing hole/hunting spots...

Typed on an iphone, on a forum hosted by a server in silicon valley, built by an Indian immigrant, while in line at a movie theater.

I love this quote. Like a person viewing a mirror through a mirror. I was born in the wrong century. Lol 😂

Get off my lawn lol

Newcomers always screw up a good thing. Just ask the Nez Perce and Shoshone.

nezperce_chiefjoseph.jpg
Before white man came to the new world there were no taxes, land was free, and women did all the work. White man thought he could improve upon that.

I hate California and Californians, they complain about their state and all of it’s problems. Then they leave California and turn the place they go to into another California. Only took them 30 years to ruin Colorado. They will ruin the entire west in the next 100. Luckily I won’t be alive to see them complete this.
I picked up a Rod Smart jersey incase we ever have the opportunity to meet...

I don't think that anybody would have a problem with Kalifornicators, if they would leave their garbage in Kalifornia. They have ruined their own state, with their liberal voting and when they move to another state, they ruin it to. It seems they never learn. Like Mt. Muley said, it is not just Kalifornicators. Other people pull the same crap.
As to Boise, they have created a lot of tech jobs and they are booming right now. Luckily, my kid found a little apartment, when he went to work out there fighting fires. There is nowhere to live now. He told me that since the big fires in Kalifornia, people have left like lemmings to the sea.
In my experience, it doesn't matter a whole bunch where the people move from, it's just numbers. California was "ruined" because 8 trillion people live there. If 8 trillion 6th generation wyomingites move to Idaho, they'll ruin it too.

If I move to Bozeman this summer will I be fixing it or ruining it?

Or should I consider Idaho?
Us west slopers really are idahoans.

As a seventeen year resident of Montana, I will move wherever I want and bring my politics and preferences with me and you will like it.

My kids were born across the state line in Idaho even though they never lived there. Does that convey any special privileges? 😎

WOW. How refreshing. As a born and raised Utahn I often have to hang my head and sit in the corner when it comes to states messing things up; Sfw, Mike Lee, etc.

It's pretty rare 8 pages and I still can join in and point fingers.

Stupid Californians. 😁

No I don’t hate any individual from California. People take these aggregate post discussions very literally. No one can talk about anything in the aggregate.

It is not like I said you know Harvey I don’t like your dad even though he did all these amazing things for you. Sounds like he was a damn good dad.

It is more like thanks California for giving us Hollywood, Spying Silicon Valley, the alphabet soup politics of San Francisco, and the institutionalization of sanctuary cities, and to top it all off we are going to rub your face in our beautiful cash as we destroy you middle of the country folks with our bukoo real estate bucks.

So yeah I hate “Kalifornians” but I like and aspire to good people who live honorable, righteous and self sustaining lives. Especially the ones who sacrifice to take care of their families.
Overlord-
Thank you for your reasoned, well thought out, and articulate response. It's much appreciated. Bless you and all of your neighbors (let's hope they're good neighbors!!!)

Ask rural folks if wolves are liberal Californian’s attempt to end all hunting. 😁 Better yet walk into a country bar and loudly announce that you think anyone who believes wolves don’t belong in Idaho is a hick and an idiot. 😂

You won’t have to ever buy another round for yourself in that bar.😉
I think I'll sit quietly in the corner :)

What do Kiwis call someone who doesn’t like senseless conflict? Smart? 😁

In Idaho they call them scaredy-cat. Come on mate, you can take him.😂

I was born and raised in Southern California. Went to College in San Diego and stayed there until two years ago (age 45). Worked in biotech for close on 20 years.

I wanted to leave for a long time, but I placed a lot of value on being close to family, and letting my folks be the grandparents they wanted to be. Eventually, however, as my son neared High School, we decided that it was now or never. We moved to CO to a town of 2500 people.

Californians aren’t bad folks by and large. The culture there, however, is in my opinion, not very healthy. Its difficult to articulate, but mostly I think that it boils down to one main driver: the idea that everyone’s opinion is important in all things, and it needs to be heard. That breeds self-importance and entitlement. Combine that with a culture that praises “virtue” Ahead of knowledge, and you create an echo chamber reality with only certain accepted views.

We fought it every year at school, and tried our best to parent that out of our son. We saw it at school, church, with friends, etc. It was fascinating at times. Add to that my love of hunting and shooting guns- and Whoo boy that’ll make you a pariah real quick. Ha!

Also, everything is so damned expensive, that most folks can’t save squat, or there would be many more leaving just to escape the poverty. We never bought into the “bigger is better” approach, and so toughed it out in an 800 square foot condo for 15 years (that we sold for $405K! When we left).

Now we have a smallish house in town with a garage/shop that I’ve always dreamed of with a small mortgage. We can shoot on BLM right down the road, and we have two guns that would make me a felon in CA. Plus we can hunt and fish to our heart’s content.

I would say that if you run into one of us crazy Californians in your home town, that I bet they would love to be accepted. The ones that have completely drunk the Kool-Aid from back home wouldn’t be leaving anyway- so I bet some help and knowledge would really open their eyes.

Wow! Hindsight 20/20. The investment potential a mere 5 years ago. Has Boise changed?

Boise-Real-Estate-Market-Forecast-2.png

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back