Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Well There Goes Idaho

I hear it from transplants all the time saying "I'm one of the good Californians". It makes me wonder how different and better things would be in California if all of the "good" ones had stayed there and fought to maintain some common sense in that state.

Last best sanctuary notwithstanding, and no matter the tribal affiliation, we are all going to inherit a polished tapered end with a steadily increasing invoice.
ACME Chastity Belt Company is scheduled to offer an IPO next month. Merge that company with a solid gun company and watch our fortunes grow as we protect the West. “ Remember the Alamo!” 😀

Everyone is a curmudgeon deep down inside.

As publicly shared here from past elections, I've voted from either side of the aisle in MT... The steps both sides within the MT political theatre are taking to distance themselves from each other to seat themselves with their National Kool Aid service, I fear the further we spread the swing of our pendulum. This is dangerous! Unfortunate... Sad...
With respect to the topic, this political polarization will only increase the push and shove within community acceptance and reflect the State and National Political spectrum.
Again, unfortunate and sad...

Edit: oops - just saw BF's post after my post was made. See now Ben?! You've got us teetering on a closed thread. :D Hopefully our posts stay reasonable.

Additional edit: @MTGomer HOLY ROYAL SNAP!!! $4,500 monthly lease??? And does it appear to fill at that level?
I’m not sure. Hard telling since it’s right on the main drag and there are vehicles and people all over. Appears to be no shortage of money in the area, so I’m thinking it does.

Sounds like what Californians were sayin' about Okies a hundred years ago....

lange%20oklahomans%20reach%20LA-cr.jpg

Lange-Dust-Bowl-Refugees-Bakersfield.jpg

ACME Chastity Belt Company is scheduled to offer an IPO next month. Merge that company with a solid gun company and watch our fortunes grow as we protect the West. “ Remember the Alamo!” 😀

Everyone is a curmudgeon deep down inside.

#ISWYDT

I hear it from transplants all the time saying "I'm one of the good Californians". It makes me wonder how different and better things would be in California if all of the "good" ones had stayed there and fought to maintain some common sense in that state.

4th generation Californian here AND University of Idaho Vandal. All I did was steal your Water and your women.....

When people don't have roots, they can blow wherever the wind pushes them. We are all from somewhere, but the ability to become part of a community and contribute and build something is still valued among the folks I hold in high regard. i think you are looking at tumbleweeds, not Oak trees when you complain about 'immigrants'. Most of the transplants who established farms and ranches in ID are the folks you want up there. A couple of retirees in Couerd'Alene aren't going to change the culture except for within their HOA.

One of your native sons who DID spread his influence might clue you in to what the REAL culprit is....Duane Hagadone

Nothing says “Merica ” quite like a capitalistic venture that taps into healthy patriotism and universal cultural tension.

Kind of like that delicious native dish sweet and sour chicken.

Are you getting in at the ground floor or gonna stand on the sidewalk? This is going to be bigger than Apple and Facebook combined.

Nothing says “Merica ” quite like a capitalistic venture that taps into healthy patriotism and universal cultural tension.

Kind of like that delicious native dish sweet and sour chicken.

Are you getting in at the ground floor or gonna stand on the sidewalk? This is going to be bigger than Apple and Facebook combined.

I'll wait for chastity belts to become a progressive policy plank & roll the portfolio dice.

I hate California and Californians, they complain about their state and all of it’s problems. Then they leave California and turn the place they go to into another California. Only took them 30 years to ruin Colorado. They will ruin the entire west in the next 100. Luckily I won’t be alive to see them complete this.
Wow- I struggle w/ absolutist of any fashion. This is no different.

Let's take for example a man who, in 1974 after serving his country in Vietnam (68-69) and starting his career as an electrician, had a family, and decided he wanted a better way of life for his wife and kids. That man took a job w/ the power company in Walla Walla, Washington and then took a transfer to Sandpoint, Idaho. He continued his career, bought a small hobby farm (20 acres) raised cows, raised pigs, raised rabbits. He hunted, he fished, he camped, he hiked, all the while respecting the land, the people of the community, and taught his children to do the same.
Do you hate that man as well? He raised a family, supported the community, paid his taxes, he helped his neighbor(s) and killed more giant Mountain Whitetail in unit 1, then most. He was born and raised in Los Angeles. He died a man from Idaho.

Thanks, Dad.

The liberal elites gave up on the recession effort in 2019, and now they are embracing this new found economic freedom of the unwashed.
Why aren't all you rural conservatives praying for a downturn and running the damn chamber of commerce outta town? Or does it require a good economy to sell your timber?

Can't we all just agree that life was better when you couldn't afford fancy hunting clothes and vari-power scopes for your third rifle, and when everyone died in the same town they grew up in.

I would embrace a serious recession about now. Has nothing to do with politics.
The recessions I have seen have been the greatest opportunities of my life. I was not prepared for them early in life. It will come. It always does.
Understanding we have recessions is one thing. Cheerleading for one is another. Besides, a recession could put an end to the green new deal according to this fellow.

Economic bubbles do happen when caution is thrown to the wind, though. I can see people saying to each other in the not to distant future, "you paid how much for that Amazon and Facebook stock?"

“I am I and I wish I weren’t”

I’m not stricken by the idea that these places are changing from the influx of migrants from big cities, alas those big cities were once small towns that were changed by migrants.

What I am stricken by is the number of native Montanans who advocate for policies that sound strikingly similar to those of California.

Back