MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

I’m keeping your family in my prayers Dave. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

I hope you have someone that you can really pour it all out to. Your wife's issues will sort themselves out one way or another. I can't imagine what your going through but be stable, take things as they come and deal with it as YOU see best. I'm not a prayer guy but I'm sending you what I got.

You folks are awesome. Music and all! Much thanks from myself and the kiddo. Went today after work and sat for almost an hour before she woke up. I got to spoon-feed her some applesauce and yogurt. Her arms just aren't working well enough to feed herself. Dribbled a bit on her chin and laughed with the excuse that it's been 30 years since I've done anything like it. She realizes she has a spinal cord injury but doesn't know how bad. I kept my mouth shut. REALLY need a doctor that knows his stuff to talk to both of us about prognosis, recovery and long-term possibilities. I've been looking up options for nursing homes and how much of our assets I can keep. Pretty much something a lawyer will need to explain. Lots of things are just over my head and overwhelming at this point. Maybe not having work tomorrow will allow some extra sleep. Back down there in the morning.

Sounds like the nightmare that never ends. I am praying for the best out come possible. Keep you head up Dave and best of luck.

Last edited:
You folks are awesome. Music and all! Much thanks from myself and the kiddo. Went today after work and sat for almost an hour before she woke up. I got to spoon-feed her some applesauce and yogurt. Her arms just aren't working well enough to feed herself. Dribbled a bit on her chin and laughed with the excuse that it's been 30 years since I've done anything like it. She realizes she has a spinal cord injury but doesn't know how bad. I kept my mouth shut. REALLY need a doctor that knows his stuff to talk to both of us about prognosis, recovery and long-term possibilities. I've been looking up options for nursing homes and how much of our assets I can keep. Pretty much something a lawyer will need to explain. Lots of things are just over my head and overwhelming at this point. Maybe not having work tomorrow will allow some extra sleep. Back down there in the morning.
Keep your head up brother. Don't forget to take time for yourself when you can

Well it seems there is someone here who thought enough of me to sent a message to my pal Richard @devon deer all the way over in England. Got an email from him today that I still need to answer. Came as a surprise! When it dawned on me after I checked if he had been on here or not, which he hadn't, that someone went out of their way to contact him, the pollen got thick in the hospital room. So thank you to that person!

She's rapidly discovering how bad hospital food can taste. Solid food has to be pureed. Let's say that she's not a fan of pureed mac and cheese. Drinks have to be "nectar thick" and that changes things. The iced tea for lunch was "the most disgusting thing she had ever tasted". Tomato soup got sucked down through the straw real quick, though. Lots of pain meds make her sleepy as would be expected, but she is slowly getting her head straight so to speak and talking about things that are going on. A little forgetfulness here and there, and she swore they brought her lunch when they hadn't yet. A little moment of crying about things just before I left. Maybe tomorrow it will be better.

I'm also thankful for the private message today from the member wanting to pay it forward. Not necessary, but welcomed. Thank you, it will be used here shortly. On that note, let me add that no matter how you all feel the need to do something for us, we're good. No need to send or give anything. I'm doing alright here for the time being and as much as I appreciate the thought and gestures they are NOT necessary. Your thoughts, well wishes and companionship are all I need!

I'd gladly pitch in for something small. I know when I was in the hospital simple things like a favorite meal delivered or reading material were appreciated. I know there are others who'd do the same.

I'd gladly pitch in for something small. I know when I was in the hospital simple things like a favorite meal delivered or reading material were appreciated. I know there are others who'd do the same.
Thanks, but please, no. It's nice to be thought of like that but it's not necessary. I'm still working, the freezer is full, and I can kill a deer now and then! ;)

No words after reading this….terrible situation, thoughts and prayers your way. the sun is still going to come up tomorrow is what my dad used to tell me. He’s been right so far

Very sorry to hear this. I've been on vacation this last week with very spotty cell service so I am just now catching up on Hunt Talk. When I read this my heart dropped into my stomach. I hope the best for you and your family. If you need to talk just let it out here on HT and you will have support.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back