Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

I'm sure some of you have heard some of my troubles with the home life. Got a text message today from my daughter saying my wife had shot herself. Yesterday. Out in the kennel building where she has a living space set up and goes to hide when she gets upset. Used her 22 and put one in her neck. Of course, it didn't do the trick and she was still alive when my daughter went out there. I'm sitting in the hospital room where she was life flighted to. Seems like she may be paralyzed from her waist down for now. Lots of pain. Had just a couple minutes to talk with a doctor so maybe I'll get more info later. She had threatened to do it but never really took it seriously. No clue what will happen next.
I am so sorry to hear it, prayers for you and your family.

Just got home a little while ago and sat with my daughter for a talk. Thank you everyone for the thoughts, comments and messages. It would take too long to like every reply so I'll just hit you all right now. I had a talk with one of the neurosurgeon guys before I went home and pretty much confirmed that she is paralyzed and not going to come out of it. At least her upper body is working, so she can wheel around in a chair when the time comes. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get things changed around here to accommodate that. Ramp, bathroom, handicap vehicle. How can I even continue working? God only knows if my insurance will cover the chopper flight. Kid and I both said that our lives are changed forever now.

Thanks again to everyone who have posted, and to any that join in later as they see this. This forum is sort of my "happy place" and reading the different threads helps me try and keep my head straight! I'll add updates later as they develop.

Thank you!
Dave, I replied to your first post, but wanted to reply to this one also. You are an exceptional person! My thoughts and prayers are with you Dave, as well a your wife and daughter.

Sorry to hear. Think about the good times. It always has to get the darkest before it get light.

I am so sorry.

Try to make certain that your daughter gets all the support she needs. No child should ever see what she has. I can't fathom the emotions she must be enduring.

Also get the help you need. This was not your fault. I hope you can pick up the pieces and move forward. Your daughter needs you now, more than before.

Thanks, everyone. I'm currently at work. Directly across the river from the hospital. Figured I needed to get some info and time off squared away here. Trying to work isn't getting me very far! Have to start somewhere though. Have to admit I kind of had a small breakdown seeing the "Wednesday's Word" thread. Damn dust.

Sleep is short and interrupted by times I swear I hear her walking around in the other room when I know perfectly well otherwise. Talked with a few friends here today and got some things out. Nice. Boss and upper management behind me for anything I need.

Daughter is coping as well as she can. Says she is mostly mad. Understandable. She is 30 years old so not a child anymore even though she's my baby! Made me laugh out loud in the hospital room yesterday with a text stating "great white hunter, jr. has squished and removed 2 baby mouses from the premises so far!" My FIL named me "great white hunter" years ago so I guess she takes after me.

Thanks, everyone. I'm currently at work. Directly across the river from the hospital. Figured I needed to get some info and time off squared away here. Trying to work isn't getting me very far! Have to start somewhere though. Have to admit I kind of had a small breakdown seeing the "Wednesday's Word" thread. Damn dust.

Sleep is short and interrupted by times I swear I hear her walking around in the other room when I know perfectly well otherwise. Talked with a few friends here today and got some things out. Nice. Boss and upper management behind me for anything I need.

Daughter is coping as well as she can. Says she is mostly mad. Understandable. She is 30 years old so not a child anymore even though she's my baby! Made me laugh out loud in the hospital room yesterday with a text stating "great white hunter, jr. has squished and removed 2 baby mouses from the premises so far!" My FIL named me "great white hunter" years ago so I guess she takes after me.
That's the spirit, chin up.

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers sent your way

What an utterly devastating crisis. First, sending prayers for strength, healing and peace to your daughter, your wife and you. Hopefully there is enough emotional numbing for you to go forward, one step at a time, one day at a time. Please reach out to professional helpers. Life does not prepare us to cope alone with trauma of this magnitude. You know the HT community has your back, virtually.

Tough times for sure Dave. As others have said your strength and leading by example are very important to your daughter at this time. I wish you and your daughter the best of luck in coping with what has happened and the constant concern that more could happen. My best wishes and prayers go out to you sir.

Dave, even thou we have never met my heart breaks for you and your family. I sit here all teary eyed. I can't imagine being in your shoes. I have said to my wife and kids that all it takes is one small step/event to cause a ripple effect that will totally change our lives. I am so sorry your family. Prayers to you and your family.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back