Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Well happy friggin election Oregon... :(

People are tired of reading about shootings and nothing being done so they took matters into their own hands. Unfortunately this will become OR law in one form or another despite what forum constitutional experts think.
I expect opponents will find a GOP-appointed district court judge to stay it, the 9th circ will reverse the stay, and SCOTUS, 50-50, will reinstitute the stay pending full resolution. So, 50-50 this rule never sees the light of day.

Last edited:
My older step bro is a vegetarian high school math teacher.
His school has been on lockdown 3 times and released early once in 2 weeks.
The fbi is involved.
I’ve never really been pro teachers carrying in the classroom, but if you wanted to try me that bad...

My older step bro is a vegetarian high school math teacher.
His school has been on lockdown 3 times and released early once in 2 weeks.
The fbi is involved.
I’ve never really been pro teachers carrying in the classroom, but if you wanted to try me that bad...
On a positive note, the idiot sent the last threat via email so I’m betting the fbi’s about to bust that ass.

I expect opponents will find a GOP-appointed district court judge to stay it, the 9th circ will reverse the stay, and SCOTUS, 50-50, will reinstitute the stay pending full resolution. So, 50-50 this rule never sees the light of day.
Curious as to why you think it would make it to SCOTUS?

It’s a similar statute to MA,CA,IL,NY,MD,HI… actually less stringent then some of those states.

I was thinking opposition would die at the 9th.

Curious as to why you think it would make it to SCOTUS?

It’s a similar statute to MA,CA,IL,NY,MD,HI… actually less stringent then some of those states.

I was thinking opposition would die at the 9th.
New laws are easier to get stays for than old ones.

At each layer of court, you can ask the next level up to stay the effect of the one below. They are typically not granted, but in situations of constitutional rights afforded strict scrutiny they are more possible.

As for other states, I assume gun advocates are plotting legal challenges as we speak. But would unlikely get a pre-result stay from SCOTUS as perceived harms of delay in outcome are perceived as lesser than allowing a new bad law to start up.

We have no one to blame except our fellow sportsmen and hunters who vote democrat. I am sure I will be in the same boat soon living in Michigan with a Democrat governor, Democrat led Senate and House. The next four years will be something to behold.

We have no one to blame except our fellow sportsmen and hunters who vote democrat.
How about fellow hunters who have stood by and watched us create a bizarre culture of "Rambo worship" and play soldiers? When I grew up in the 70s & 80s guns were a respected tool, not a game or a fetish.

How about fellow hunters who vote for a party (myself included) that has zero interest in a functioning mental health system?

As a 2A supporter, hunter, and gun owner I see clearly that there is plenty of blame to spread around.

How about fellow hunters who have stood by and watched us create a bizarre culture of "Rambo worship" and play soldiers? When I grew up in the 70s & 80s guns were a respected tool, not a game or a fetish.

How about fellow hunters who vote for a party (myself included) that has zero interest in a functioning mental health system?

As a 2A supporter, hunter, and gun owner I see clearly that there is plenty of blame to spread around.

I know plenty of Oregon hunters that are Democrats and not one of them voted in favor of this. I also know a good chunk of fairly progressive non-hunters who voted no on this after discussing it with me.

Yes, because that simplistic view of the world is incredibly effective. Back to your Fox and Friends.
There is truth to the republican v democrat.
One party is clearly opposed to firearms and one is supportive of.

@VikingsGuy , that sounds great and from a hunting conservation pov, I'd side 65/35 Democrat.
There's a reason for that as well... Democrats tend to be more supportive of "conservation". Sure, sounds good and fancy cheer talk for fellow Democrat HT members to feel appreciated though that is not the truth of specifically OREGON legislation.

However, to the point of Oregon Liberal agenda... Aside from those @FI460 and other D/R/I/other party who knows a bit more detail and speak with others are the minority.
From Oregon Democrat majority vs Republican, there is a divided line for firearms. Oregon is pretty flipping fugged.

As a Montanan (registered Independent), I vote Tester, voted Cooney, voted for the fugged up puppet singer Quist, Schweitzer x's 2, Bullock, on and on... Tester is a value that Democrats know to hold a seat, they let him support 2A. I lean R for my independent side and Daines is one I vote for consistently as he's involved in issues beyond Montana, as is Tester.

Anyhow, some here get in a tissy when the D word is brought up... Fact is D majority oppose firearms, R supports firearms. Oregon is strictly opposed to firearms. Are there minority D's who support firearms that lean on the R side, not extreme R side.

My two coppers.

But only illegal to possess because you purchased it after the enactment date of the app.

We get to keep our currently owned 30 round mags and can use them for lawful purposes.

How on earth they know when we purchased them is the question. That's part of the SO criticism mentioned in the article @Bigjay73 shared.
Pay cash, no records, burden of proof is on the state to prove if you broke the law.

There is truth to the republican v democrat.
One party is clearly opposed to firearms and one is supportive of.

@VikingsGuy , that sounds great and from a hunting conservation pov, I'd side 65/35 Democrat.
There's a reason for that as well... Democrats tend to be more supportive of "conservation". Sure, sounds good and fancy cheer talk for fellow Democrat HT members to feel appreciated though that is not the truth of specifically OREGON legislation.

However, to the point of Oregon Liberal agenda... Aside from those @FI460 and other D/R/I/other party who knows a bit more detail and speak with others are the minority.
From Oregon Democrat majority vs Republican, there is a divided line for firearms. Oregon is pretty flipping fugged.

As a Montanan (registered Independent), I vote Tester, voted Cooney, voted for the fugged up puppet singer Quist, Schweitzer x's 2, Bullock, on and on... Tester is a value that Democrats know to hold a seat, they let him support 2A. I lean R for my independent side and Daines is one I vote for consistently as he's involved in issues beyond Montana, as is Tester.

Anyhow, some here get in a tissy when the D word is brought up... Fact is D majority oppose firearms, R supports firearms. Oregon is strictly opposed to firearms. Are there minority D's who support firearms that lean on the R side, not extreme R side.

My two coppers.

Come on Sytes... Democrats have controlled Oregon in both chambers of the legislature and the governors seat since 2007 (except for 11 and 12 when the House was evenly split) with almost no meaningful firearms legislation.

D won the governors race by 4 points this time around. This initiative passed by 0.6%.

You all talk about how important bipartisanship is and how bad polarization is bit can't miss a chance to attack the other party. Sure your Montana credentials are good, but I've only ever voted for Republicans for governor, so my independent credentials aren't bad either. I tell people I dont join cults when they ask what my party is.

The D's in the hunting world didn't cause this. The R's and the D's aren't important to this discussion. What's important is how we work with it going forward.

We need to be active with our legislators and with OSP as they go through the rule making process, and we need to support the groups like Oregon Hunters Association in their efforts to fight it.

Pay cash, no records, burden of proof is on the state to prove if you broke the law.

I haven't needed to buy a magazine since Obamas first term. I really don't think that part of the IP is going to be an issue. I don't think it will solve what the petitioners claim either, but oh well.

You all talk about how important bipartisanship is and how bad polarization is bit can't miss a chance to attack the other party
Hold on, I've not attacked any party. I've state the party's publicly declared position on this measure.

No need to attack another party.

Supporters​

The campaign provided a full list of endorsements on its website available here.

Officials​

Former Officials​

Political Parties​

• Oregon Progressive Party

We know where Gifford's stance is on everything down to bb guns.

Measure 114
"Overall, the measure would have lost in 29 of Oregon’s 36 counties. But the places where it won hold the bulk of the state’s population."

Interesting correlation, considering county votes for measure 114 and Governor and U.S. Senate seat.

Governor

Screenshot_20221122-001712-839.png

U.S. Senate​

Screenshot_20221122-001841-307.png

At 10am today I was placed almost 21,000 in line for background check. Last week almost 15,000 for a different gun. I don't think I will be picking up any of my guns before December 8th...

Only positive thing is i moved up my CHL appointment from 3/8/2023 to tomorrow at 8:30am. Someone canceled and I was on the website looking at the calendar. Very very lucky. Almost stopped my background check today so that I could get this gun after I (hopefully) get my CHL tomorrow. The guy behind the counter had one more button and said he could stop it without issue. I am just tired of spending hours and hours in stores... told him just do it. And thats how I am 20,760 in line for this gun ha

Hold on, I've not attacked any party. I've state the party's publicly declared position on this measure.

No need to attack another party.

Supporters​

The campaign provided a full list of endorsements on its website available here.

Officials​

Former Officials​

Political Parties​

• Oregon Progressive Party

We know where Gifford's stance is on everything down to bb guns.

Measure 114
"Overall, the measure would have lost in 29 of Oregon’s 36 counties. But the places where it won hold the bulk of the state’s population."

Interesting correlation, considering county votes for measure 114 and Governor and U.S. Senate seat.

Governor

View attachment 251592

U.S. Senate​

View attachment 251597
The OVBC did a survey in June on the topic. results below. Interesting read as are the stats. It is easy to say it is party, but the results seem far more nuanced than that. As some people have said here, "hard core" gun owners might want to reevaluate. The "not one inch" approach isn't winning a lot of converts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back