MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Weekend turkey hunt

Kraven

The weekend was great we met Cameron over in Eastern Washington to hunt Merriams.First blood was struck on opening morning for Cameron.Heres a pic of the fan and beard.
Dsc00245.sized.jpg

On Friday morning my dad and brother hunted together and Jason called in this bird for my Dad.
Dsc00263.sized.jpg

Saturday was very uneventful until the evening when my brother busted this gobbler.
Dsc00243.sized.jpg

I had a great hunt but struck out this weekend we called in a lot of gobblers but they hung up or were henned up.Cameron and I will be heading down south this coming weekend to try for Easterns.Heres a group photo before we left camp.
Dsc00250.sized.jpg

Very cool pictures Kevin. Cameron's turkey sure looks funny, I've never seen one with a body that small. One other thing, what's that dude doing with a Mariners shirt?? Doesn't he know that the best baseball team is the Giants??
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I'm glad ya had fun and hopefully you will bag one this weekend.

Those are great pictures Kraven & Cameron. Glad you had a good hunt and good luck on the next one.
smile.gif
Thanks for the short story with the pictures Kraven.

WOW What a great time ! That Tom that Jason harvested was a Mother of a Pucker. He played Kevin and I toooooo many times to keep track of. I think it was 6 in one day! But guess what? Jason and I were waiting at his roost...........hehe.
And we waited and waited and.......... you know the rest. It got damn cold that night but he came down a 100' hillside in strut and even chased 3 deer off HIS hill !!
Then he gobbled and flew accross the road to his hill, I mean our hill. He began spitting and druming. ( If you have never heard this up close and personal like myself, you are in for one hell of an experience! ) He went back with his hen and we thought that we were doopped, He came back in about 5 min. or so and began brummin again. Jason couldnt see him for a couple of min's and he stuck his head over the hill top only 10 yrds from me. I was just about to pull the trigger on my 2nd bird and Jason gave him the WHAMMY. I was so happy that things worked out in our favor. That was Jason's 2nd bird in 2 years. He was only 20 yrds from Jason when He put him down.

Kevin, by the looks of the pictures y'all had a very succesful hunt, hang in there buddy
wink.gif
the bird you will take will just be a little bigger cuz he has a few more days to eat...
biggrin.gif

AA

What do you mean small. I had him weighed, 23 lbs. 8 inch beard, 1 1/8th spur. Hope all of you can get your photos. I have more that I will get up later this week.

Great pictures, congratulations! Good luck Kraven, get a good one! I know you'll have a good time at it for sure.

What kind of shotgun did those guys use? They blew the whole bird out, just left the tail and the beard. ha ha

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-22-2003 10:09: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Way to go Kevin and Cammeron.....
Great day's and nice looking birds!!!
You should be next Kevin!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> what's that dude doing with a Mariners shirt?? Doesn't he know that the best baseball team is the Giants?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In Western Washington, if you wear any thing but, you look like a geeky tourist!!!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Cameron I said it looked small because you only had the fan and the beard, no body.
wink.gif

Russ, I don't wear Giants stuff, I just cheer for them so keep your mouth shut until I say you can speak.
biggrin.gif

O my goodness sounds like someone is pouting
wink.gif
tongue.gif
.Ya Greg he got his bird a few days before we arrived so Im glad thats all he had left to show us ya know it would have been a bit ripe if the whole bird was still there.

Back