Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Weekend steelies

IDHUNTNFISH

Had a great day and a half last weekend pulling on some hogs. All great fish but the monster wild hen was the highlight. They don't come much better than that big old gal.

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 55A46C38-.jpg
    55A46C38-.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 6483B249-.jpg
    6483B249-.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 402785B7-.jpg
    402785B7-.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7111.jpg
    IMG_7111.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 33
I agree, and my go to for steelies, but then you have @Big Sky showing us all that actual jigging can work very well, so I wanted to clarify.
The bobber jigging is a much slower form of jigging and popular with the steelie crowd. They also have a very aggressive form of jigging they call twitching. It's similar to what I do, but way more aggressive. I have never tried for steelhead, but I am 100% confident that I would still catch fish using the methods I use for trout. I say that because I've taught a number of people to jig fish, and some have gone on to catch a lot of steelhead using what I taught them. My style is somewhere half between the more passive bobber jigging and aggressive twitching.
All that said man, that was a heckuva haul Idhuntnfish!!!

The bobber jigging is a much slower form of jigging and popular with the steelie crowd. They also have a very aggressive form of jigging they call twitching. It's similar to what I do, but way more aggressive. I have never tried for steelhead, but I am 100% confident that I would still catch fish using the methods I use for trout. I say that because I've taught a number of people to jig fish, and some have gone on to catch a lot of steelhead using what I taught them. My style is somewhere half between the more passive bobber jigging and aggressive twitching.
Twitching? Never heard of it. I'll have to youtube. The bold section was what I was wondering about, if I was missing something. I've spent 100+ hrs watching a slip bobber with a jig under, but never did any active retrieves.

I've watched a few videos on twitching. Looks interesting. Might have to give it a go sometime. Thank you!

Twitching? Never heard of it. I'll have to youtube. The bold section was what I was wondering about, if I was missing something. I've spent 100+ hrs watching a slip bobber with a jig under, but never did any active retrieves.
Jig and bobber is my favorite way to steelhead fish. More time actually fishing and less time tying knots! lol

Back