Weekend steelies

IDHUNTNFISH

Had a great day and a half last weekend pulling on some hogs. All great fish but the monster wild hen was the highlight. They don't come much better than that big old gal.

Attachments

• FullSizeR.jpg
    FullSizeR.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 55A46C38-.jpg
    55A46C38-.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 6483B249-.jpg
    6483B249-.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 402785B7-.jpg
    402785B7-.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7111.jpg
    IMG_7111.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 33
I agree, and my go to for steelies, but then you have @Big Sky showing us all that actual jigging can work very well, so I wanted to clarify.
The bobber jigging is a much slower form of jigging and popular with the steelie crowd. They also have a very aggressive form of jigging they call twitching. It's similar to what I do, but way more aggressive. I have never tried for steelhead, but I am 100% confident that I would still catch fish using the methods I use for trout. I say that because I've taught a number of people to jig fish, and some have gone on to catch a lot of steelhead using what I taught them. My style is somewhere half between the more passive bobber jigging and aggressive twitching.
All that said man, that was a heckuva haul Idhuntnfish!!!

The bobber jigging is a much slower form of jigging and popular with the steelie crowd. They also have a very aggressive form of jigging they call twitching. It's similar to what I do, but way more aggressive. I have never tried for steelhead, but I am 100% confident that I would still catch fish using the methods I use for trout. I say that because I've taught a number of people to jig fish, and some have gone on to catch a lot of steelhead using what I taught them. My style is somewhere half between the more passive bobber jigging and aggressive twitching.
Twitching? Never heard of it. I'll have to youtube. The bold section was what I was wondering about, if I was missing something. I've spent 100+ hrs watching a slip bobber with a jig under, but never did any active retrieves.

I've watched a few videos on twitching. Looks interesting. Might have to give it a go sometime. Thank you!

Twitching? Never heard of it. I'll have to youtube. The bold section was what I was wondering about, if I was missing something. I've spent 100+ hrs watching a slip bobber with a jig under, but never did any active retrieves.
Jig and bobber is my favorite way to steelhead fish. More time actually fishing and less time tying knots! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back