Weaponizing sound and light over private land air space.

It used to be so thick a rabbit was scared to enter. I cleared it to put in a deer food plot and thin mosquitoes out.

I don’t hunt the wildlife, have never had any interest in it at the house. We just like seeing them and I don’t want to mow it.

It all started around that point. He moved semi trailers in to act as a fence along his side. That is what the alarms are stuck to.

Best part is he hunts and has killed nice bucks since I put the food plot in. Seems like a funny thing to be mad that your hunting has improved. Lol
Bizarre, maybe he’s doing something illegal or just wants the privacy. I’d strongly consider building a privacy fence on the whole line, after a good survey of course. Would put up some surveillance cams as well.

Last edited:
Until you put up a fence, you'll continue to have problems. The privacy and physical barrier will give you piece of mind.
and all he gets to look at is your fence.
I once had some folks build a fence before to stop their creepy neighbor from staring at them. The neighbor starting sitting on his roof to see over the fence

My old man tried that once, one of them bitched the other ones loved the pigs. Key is to make sure you have the feeders with the flip lids they bang nicely.
I moved about 9 years ago but for about 3 years before that I lived across from a farm that had those. Your comment brought is bringing back some memories.

I would not waste one more dime on a lawyer...take that money and build a big wall and put up security cameras. Make sure he has no shot to kill deer anymore either.... :)

I would not waste one more dime on a lawyer...take that money and build a big wall and put up security cameras. Make sure he has no shot to kill deer anymore either.... :)
They cross thru his 10 acre pencil piece. I really don’t care who shoots them as long as they get shot. We have too many but do like watching them. Nothing I will do will stop him killing deer on his transition piece. Wether I plant anything or not they will still cross.

They cross thru his 10 acre pencil piece. I really don’t care who shoots them as long as they get shot. We have too many but do like watching them. Nothing I will do will stop him killing deer on his transition piece. Wether I plant anything or not they will still cross.
Build the wall ;)

Got your picture of the berm. It's all on your side of the line? Maybe if you planted something on his side of it towards the top that grew tall and thick to act as a fence?

Got your picture of the berm. It's all on your side of the line? Maybe if you planted something on his side of it towards the top that grew tall and thick to act as a fence?
It only covers 1/3 of the line and the wind would topple any thing planted up there.

I have talked it over with the wife and we reviewed the anti blight ordinance tonight. His semi trailer fence is specifically mentioned in the Ord as a violation. So we will start there and are contacting the building inspector tomorrow to find the rules on fencing. We have chosen hot pink with smiley faces and rainbows for our color pattern! If we are allowed to paint it, our side will be left natural so the wood can breath…

I'd plant a living screen wall of Arborvitae (cedars) close together. They will take some time, but make a great barrier.
While they are growing, you could plant Egyptian wheat for a seasonal screen wall. A strip of this stuff 8' wide makes a great screen, just hit it a couple times with nitrogen as it's growing to get full growth.

Finally a worthy winter time thread!
Daddy always said if you complain about what your neighbour is doing you didn't buy enough land... you didn't.

But now that you've closed and won't leave you have to get in his head and win. Im making a brash assumption that you are only willing to do legal things, if this assumption is false you have tons of options. But if the assumption is true learn the law, every nuance of it. Stay within it but always be prepared in case he does not.

First develop some thicker skin, think "Joe Dirt" in the cafeteria cleaning puke and inviting the hot dog assault. Many cannot master this, maybe you can maybe you cant.

Almost everybody has a button, conceal yours and expose his, then push it, with a TEN POUND SLEDGEHAMMER. To do this you need to listen to what he says and read between the lines and milk info from anyone around the area about what sets him off. His relatives are great, his friends almost as good. But these people will always tell you what you need to know if you pay attention when they are excited or pissed, the human tongue thrives on adrenaline, (and booze).

Real life example: Rural 10 acre lots 15 miles to a gas station... no rules type country.
Nice neighbours already built house long communal property line. They got old and sold to a PITA Chicago couple. Everything was wrong on my side of the line, grass mowed wrong, wood stacked wrong, stones picked up wrong, evil guns going off, no posting of "no hunting" on my land like on hers... No night lights so she could feel "safe" (like in Chicago!)

Endless complaints about every aspect of life, I would pull in after a long drive (second home) and while unloading the car she would pull in and start telling me what I needed to do, no greeting just her laundry list of my needs.

I smiled, listened (and took notes) and was nice. VERY UN-SQUIRREL-LIKE the princess would add. I surveyed the line, she told me I did it wrong and paid $1200 to lose 4" full length. I posted the line, she went bonkers. She crossed the line and stole my firewood I had stacked there then justified it as it produced bugs which then came onto her land.

I allowed my friend to hunt and he shot 2 145" bucks off my deck in a world where a 125" deer is "huge". He was gutting them in my yard and she pulled down through my yard to scream at him for shooting her pets whom she feeds. She told him to not gut them in my yard as THE GUTS WILL SMELL AND ATTRACT THOSE DAMN BUZZARDS WHICH ARE NASTY THINGS. (Contrary to what Princess says I can listen)

She then built a barn 2' off our line and cut my trees and bulldozed my land used my yard as a construction driveway and materials dump.

Then she and her man set our place on fire while trying to do a "controlled burn" on theirs, the fire came within a couple of feet of my cabin and melted our well-head.

That did it Squirrel went from defence to offence and never let up on the gas. If you read what I wrote above you can see she had already handed me everything I needed, what her buttons were, and I pushed every single one of them.

Do you have any idea how many buzzards will come to a 3' tall x 6' diameter pile of carp, gar, and suckers in 90+ degree summer heat? Do you know how white they can turn a roof ridge shitting out all that fish when that ridge line of a garage is just 5-6' from said pile of putrid fish? Suddenly my buzzards were in short supply and I was concerned (only 20???) then I found them down the road at a freshly hit deer. Rocky a nice dog was chowing on said deer, I was concerned for his safety feeding so close to the road. I pulled in next door and asked Rick (the guy who had shot the deer in my yard) and was the local dog catcher) if he too, was not concerned for Rocky's safety? "hell no he's an idiot and if he gets hit I would get less calls".

BUT Rick, dont you think that bloated gooey deer would be way safer in my yard? The light came on and he said "give
me a second and I'll help you load it up!"

There were many more buttons to push, and they all got pushed but I thought this one a good example. None of what I did was illegal, of course she called the fish cops on me who checked my pile of trash fish. But when putting every cooler of fish on the pile the 1911 was inches away cockednlocked, just in case.

Two things in conclusion, she pulled up behind another friend bawling and snotting all over a white handkerchief pushing it at him telling him to concede on her behalf and she would never trespass or complain again about what happened on my land (she failed at this BTW)

But last spring gobbler season I did attend her auction (from on my side) as she sold out and moved back north. She saw me over there smiling and looked about as happy as a bobcat in a #3.

Of course you could just build a fence, how boring would that be?

Finally a worthy winter time thread!
Daddy always said if you complain about what your neighbour is doing you didn't buy enough land... you didn't.

But now that you've closed and won't leave you have to get in his head and win. Im making a brash assumption that you are only willing to do legal things, if this assumption is false you have tons of options. But if the assumption is true learn the law, every nuance of it. Stay within it but always be prepared in case he does not.

First develop some thicker skin, think "Joe Dirt" in the cafeteria cleaning puke and inviting the hot dog assault. Many cannot master this, maybe you can maybe you cant.

Almost everybody has a button, conceal yours and expose his, then push it, with a TEN POUND SLEDGEHAMMER. To do this you need to listen to what he says and read between the lines and milk info from anyone around the area about what sets him off. His relatives are great, his friends almost as good. But these people will always tell you what you need to know if you pay attention when they are excited or pissed, the human tongue thrives on adrenaline, (and booze).

Real life example: Rural 10 acre lots 15 miles to a gas station... no rules type country.
Nice neighbours already built house long communal property line. They got old and sold to a PITA Chicago couple. Everything was wrong on my side of the line, grass mowed wrong, wood stacked wrong, stones picked up wrong, evil guns going off, no posting of "no hunting" on my land like on hers... No night lights so she could feel "safe" (like in Chicago!)

Endless complaints about every aspect of life, I would pull in after a long drive (second home) and while unloading the car she would pull in and start telling me what I needed to do, no greeting just her laundry list of my needs.

I smiled, listened (and took notes) and was nice. VERY UN-SQUIRREL-LIKE the princess would add. I surveyed the line, she told me I did it wrong and paid $1200 to lose 4" full length. I posted the line, she went bonkers. She crossed the line and stole my firewood I had stacked there then justified it as it produced bugs which then came onto her land.

I allowed my friend to hunt and he shot 2 145" bucks off my deck in a world where a 125" deer is "huge". He was gutting them in my yard and she pulled down through my yard to scream at him for shooting her pets whom she feeds. She told him to not gut them in my yard as THE GUTS WILL SMELL AND ATTRACT THOSE DAMN BUZZARDS WHICH ARE NASTY THINGS. (Contrary to what Princess says I can listen)

She then built a barn 2' off our line and cut my trees and bulldozed my land used my yard as a construction driveway and materials dump.

Then she and her man set our place on fire while trying to do a "controlled burn" on theirs, the fire came within a couple of feet of my cabin and melted our well-head.

That did it Squirrel went from defence to offence and never let up on the gas. If you read what I wrote above you can see she had already handed me everything I needed, what her buttons were, and I pushed every single one of them.

Do you have any idea how many buzzards will come to a 3' tall x 6' diameter pile of carp, gar, and suckers in 90+ degree summer heat? Do you know how white they can turn a roof ridge shitting out all that fish when that ridge line of a garage is just 5-6' from said pile of putrid fish? Suddenly my buzzards were in short supply and I was concerned (only 20???) then I found them down the road at a freshly hit deer. Rocky a nice dog was chowing on said deer, I was concerned for his safety feeding so close to the road. I pulled in next door and asked Rick (the guy who had shot the deer in my yard) and was the local dog catcher) if he too, was not concerned for Rocky's safety? "hell no he's an idiot and if he gets hit I would get less calls".

BUT Rick, dont you think that bloated gooey deer would be way safer in my yard? The light came on and he said "give
me a second and I'll help you load it up!"

There were many more buttons to push, and they all got pushed but I thought this one a good example. None of what I did was illegal, of course she called the fish cops on me who checked my pile of trash fish. But when putting every cooler of fish on the pile the 1911 was inches away cockednlocked, just in case.

Two things in conclusion, she pulled up behind another friend bawling and snotting all over a white handkerchief pushing it at him telling him to concede on her behalf and she would never trespass or complain again about what happened on my land (she failed at this BTW)

But last spring gobbler season I did attend her auction (from on my side) as she sold out and moved back north. She saw me over there smiling and looked about as happy as a bobcat in a #3.

Of course you could just build a fence, how boring would that be?
You’ve inspired me. I think I need to figure out how to microphone his sound from the alarms to the top of my dirt berm and play them through a fire engine horn.

Because he said he couldn’t hear the rodents alarms, and I would hate for a rodent to get into his chicken coop without him, knowing it was in there.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back