Weaponizing sound and light over private land air space.

In all seriousness, take that sheep hunting money, buy a place with no neighbors.

Some people you just can't reason with because there $*)Q!#@$ nuts. My cousin has a neighbor like this the guy has literally pointed a gun at them before. (Before everyone had a camera phone) from across the road. Cops told my cousin he has a folder inches thick with pics and everything else going on on there farm that he documents. He was at the police station years ago on a weekly basis complaining about something they were doing. (None of which they've ever been in the wrong at least as far as the police are concerned)

Last edited:
From what I’ve gathered my options are limited. Friday I have meeting with an attorney. I’ve contacted my state representative to let them know about the criminal gap.

Seems this would be resolvable if disturbing the peace just included the words “and private property”, Instead of just public.

Then the DA would be able to look at each case and apply criminal pressure where needed.

Be wary of the “escalating pissing contest”. Two neighbors near our place (in town) had a running feud over a deer feeder on one guy’s yard over several years that ended when one guy shot and killed the other guy and his son. So, 2 dead and one in jail for life w/o parole. New owners of both houses, now things are quiet.

Crazier always beats crazy.

I truly don’t know. The story changes. First it was me target practicing. So he set timers and started firing the at 5 min intervals every time someone visited. I got a membership at the gun range to stop my part which was minimal and legal.

Then it was me farming my property and driving on the other neighbors when I made my turns.

Then it was draining water off my field. I did not do anything but disc the area cleared to plant it.

Then it was when my GSP chased his loose chickens on my property across to his.

Then it was my kids being noisy while they played outside with their friends.

Need I go on?

He kinda reminds me of various ranchers I know.

Likely he thinks you're the a-hole, these various interactions for any reasonable person are totally benign... any reasonable person wouldn't even notice.

He's clearly not reasonable, and given the above list I'm assuming sees his property as sacrosanct.

In these situations being in the right doesn't matter. I mean it might matter in a court of law, might matter to you, but in the context of navigating this relationship you have to realize that he thinks he's right, and likely to an absurd degree.

My conjecture, and obviously arm chairing at a distance, the most frustrating and yet probably most effective way to deal with the issue is just to capitulate.

He wants an apology for all the slights, anything you say to try explain mitigating circumstances will likely just piss him off. I think in large part folks miss the point of an apology, it's not to 'atone' for what you think you did wrong, the point is to make the aggrieved party feel better/heard.

"I'm sorry my dog chased your chickens, clearly I was negligent in not keeping him restrained. I will talk to my kids about being more considerate of others in public... yada yada..."

Clearly the dude is a huge dick/ piece of work, but I imagine if you apologize for all the things he's frustrated about, regardless of how you feel about them, you might be able to de-escalate the problem.

I think that's the route you'd have to go to bury the hatchet.

Up to you whether that is a bridge to far, and it legitimately might be... me I would just put myself in the mind set that I'm trying to talk down a toddler and just try to put an end to it. Folks can only get to you it you give them the right.

but yeah all that being said #*^@#* that guy

He kinda reminds me of various ranchers I know.

Likely he thinks you're the a-hole, these various interactions for any reasonable person are totally benign... any reasonable person wouldn't even notice.

He's clearly not reasonable, and given the above list I'm assuming sees his property as sacrosanct.

In these situations being in the right doesn't matter. I mean it might matter in a court of law, might matter to you, but in the context of navigating this relationship you have to realize that he thinks he's right, and likely to an absurd degree.

My conjecture, and obviously arm chairing at a distance, the most frustrating and yet probably most effective way to deal with the issue is just to capitulate.

He wants an apology for all the slights, anything you say to try explain mitigating circumstances will likely just piss him off. I think in large part folks miss the point of an apology, it's not to 'atone' for what you think you did wrong, the point is to make the aggrieved party feel better/heard.

"I'm sorry my dog chased your chickens, clearly I was negligent in not keeping him restrained. I will talk to my kids about being more considerate of others in public... yada yada..."

Clearly the dude is a huge dick/ piece of work, but I imagine if you apologize for all the things he's frustrated about, regardless of how you feel about them, you might be able to de-escalate the problem.

I think that's the route you'd have to go to bury the hatchet.

Up to you whether that is a bridge to far, and it legitimately might be... me I would just put myself in the mind set that I'm trying to talk down a toddler and just try to put an end to it. Folks can only get to you it you give them the right.

but yeah all that being said #*^@#* that guy

If it was one sticking point I would agree, but if it’s a dozen things it will just continue.

Sadly Addicting only has three options (1) find a way to ignore and hope the guy gets bored with the games; (2) do what the last seller did - move to a new place; or (3) tit for tat that at best will destroy any enjoyment of living there and at worst will result in violence. If it were me, I would try (1) for a while and that didn’t work advance to (2). Life is too short to waste it on (3).

If it was one sticking point I would agree, but if it’s a dozen things it will just continue.

Sadly Addicting only has three options (1) find a way to ignore and hope the guy gets bored with the games; (2) do what the last seller did - move to a new place; or (3) tit for tat that at best will destroy any enjoyment of living there and at worst will result in violence. If it were me, I would try (1) for a while and that didn’t work advance to (2). Life is too short to waste it on (3).
424771B4-997C-4E5C-A8C3-FC3D0F7AC4AC.jpeg

I handle neighbor disputes all the time.

You can't fix crazy people with being reasonable. Also exchanging petty blows back and forth only make it worse. Laws and lawyers, a giant wall/fence, or move out and make it the next tenants problem.

Can you call the last owner and ask for background?
Nope, from what I’ve learned she was a hot mess too. She swindled the property thru an affair of sorts. Lots of resentment with the other neighbors and they were glad to see her go and us move in.

The neighbor, I’m having a problem to is in no relation to any of that drama.

I’ve made it very clear to my family that this is not our forever home. Unfortunately, we love the school district and my kids have become friends with the other neighbors so until they are done with school, we have decided to stay.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back